CHAPTER-10

ISHIKA'S POV

I'm waiting for Veer in my room, feeling a mixture of nervousness and uncertainty. I requested Mom that I won't share Neha Di's previous room with Veer because it holds too many memories. I don't want any intimacy with him, it feels strange because just a few days ago, he was my brother-in-law , but now he's my husband.

 Lost in these thoughts, I didn't notice when Veer entered the room and tapped my shoulder. He asked if I was okay, why I hadn't changed my clothes, and urged me to change so we could sleep as it was getting late. It's weird how he's acting like everything is normal.

I went to the bathroom and changed into my night suit, carefully storing away my lehenga and jewelry in the closet. When I returned to the room, I found that Veer had already changed and was lying on the couch. 

I climbed into bed, feeling like we were strangers. Unable to shake this feeling, I approached him and woke him up. Veer asked what was wrong, and I told him I wasn't feeling sleepy and asked if we could talk.

I questioned why he wasn't talking to me, even at the temple, he didn't say a word. Veer apologized, expressing his remorse for what he perceived as ruining my life. He understood my nervousness and promised not to take any further steps in the relationship without my permission. 

He acknowledged the discomfort of the situation, recognizing that he had been my brother-in-law just a few days ago. He expressed regret that I had to marry someone older.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I held his hand, moved by his sincerity. Veer's selflessness touched me deeply. Despite the hardships he had endured due to Neha Di, I refused to let him feel guilty for what he perceived as spoiling my life. 

I reassured him that he hadn't ruined anything, and I had married willingly. I acknowledged that it felt strange but suggested we try to understand each other. I promised to do my best in our relationship and proposed we start anew without dwelling on the past.

Veer nodded in agreement, and I cheerfully suggested we start as friends, extending my hand for a handshake. He smiled and reciprocated the gesture, and we both smiled, ready to begin our relationship afresh. 

I then suggested he could sleep on the bed too, ensuring his comfort. He asked if I was comfortable, and I reassured him, suggesting we use pillows to divide the bed. We greeted each other good night and settled down to sleep.

As Ishika slept peacefully, Veer's mind buzzed with determination and longing. Opening his eyes, he turned towards Ishika's side, his gaze lingering on her serene face. He gazed at her sleeping form, mesmerized by her beauty. Tenderly, he reached out and brushed a stray lock of hair from her face, his heart overflowing with affection.

With a soft touch, he caressed her cheek, a sense of possessiveness stirring within him. "Finally, Ishika, you are mine," he whispered softly, his voice filled with both anticipation and certainty.

Veer knew that Ishika might resist at first, but he was undeterred. He was determined to mold her feelings, to manipulate her until she couldn't help but fall in love with him. He envisioned a future where Ishika would be madly in love with him, just as he was with her. 

He was convinced that soon she would come to him willingly, seeking to be by his side forever. With unwavering confidence, Veer awaited the day when his desires would become reality, when Ishika would belong to him completely. His love for her burned fiercely, consuming him with a passion that knew no bounds.

AUTHOR'S POV

It has been nine months since Veer and Ishika got married and their life is going happily. They shifted to a new apartment as Veer and Ishika wanted to start their life with a fresh beginning. The new apartment is mostly according to Ishika's taste for the interior of the house.