CHAPTER-9

LUCAS'S POV

I opened my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I turned towards my Alice. She was sleeping peacefully, her breathing calm and steady. Gently, I kissed her forehead and then her lips, wanting to show her how much I cared for her. I made sure to properly cover her in the blanket before leaving the bedroom.

As I made my way to the living room, I couldn't help but think about Alice and how she was struggling to remember what happened last night. I noticed how she seemed guilty and hesitant whenever I tried to get close to her. Even as we enjoyed the beautiful moments of Switzerland, her mind seemed to be elsewhere.

I had hoped that Alice would forget about her mother and fully accept me, but it seemed that she was still haunted by memories of the past and the events of last night. While for me, last night was one of the best nights of my life, for Alice, it seemed to be a mistake she couldn't forget.

Despite my desire for Alice to become pregnant with my baby, I knew that I had to be patient and come up with a plan to make her fall in love with me. It wouldn't be easy, but I was determined to win her heart and make her mine forever.

AFTER ONE MONTH

ALICE'S POV

It's been a month since we returned from Switzerland. Lucas is deeply engrossed in his work, dedicating long hours to a project he's passionate about. Meanwhile, I've been feeling increasingly nauseous lately. It's becoming a regular occurrence, and today, it hits me again. I rush to the bathroom and vomit, feeling weak and exhausted.

For the past few days, I haven't been feeling well, and I can't pinpoint the cause. As I lay in bed trying to rest, I scroll through my phone and notice today's date. 

Suddenly, I remember my period. It's late. Panic sets in as I recall that night in Switzerland. I desperately hope it's just food poisoning or some other temporary illness.

Deciding to take action, I change into simple clothes and head to the chemist shop. With a trembling hand, I purchase five pregnancy tests, fearing the worst. As I make my way back home, I notice Lucas's car parked outside. My heart races as I enter the house.

Inside, I find Lucas pacing the room, frantically trying to call someone. When he sees me, relief floods his face, and he rushes to embrace me.

 Concerned, he asks why I didn't answer his calls and if I'm alright. I can see the worry etched on his features, and it pains me to see him so scared.

I reassure him that I'm fine, explaining that I went to the cafe for a coffee and left my phone in the bedroom. 

Lucas nods, visibly relieved, but insists I change into something comfortable for a movie and dinner date he's planned. I agree and quickly hide the pregnancy tests in the closet before joining him in getting ready.

After changing into a beautiful dress and completing my makeup, I join Lucas in the living room, where he's waiting patiently for me. 

Together, we head to the cinema hall to enjoy the movie he's chosen

We enjoyed the movie together, and Lucas holds my hand gently in his while we watch. His touch brings me comfort, and I find myself stealing glances at him throughout the film. He's smiling, completely engrossed in the movie and I can't help but smile too.

As the movie progresses, I focus on the screen, losing myself in the storyline. It's been so long since I've truly enjoyed a movie, and I relish every moment of it. The laughter and tears shared between us make the experience even more special.

After the movie, Lucas surprises me with a dinner date at a beautiful restaurant. The interiors are elegant, with soft lighting and soothing music filling the air. The atmosphere is romantic, and I can't help but feel a flutter of excitement in my chest as we're shown to our table.

We sit down, and Lucas pulls out my chair for me, a gesture that never fails to make me smile

We sit down, and Lucas pulls out my chair for me, a gesture that never fails to make me smile. As we peruse the menu, he talks animatedly about the movie we just watched, sharing his thoughts and opinions. His passion is infectious, and I find myself getting lost in conversation with him.

The waiter arrives to take our order, and Lucas recommends some of my favorite dishes. When our meals finally arrive, they're even more delicious than I imagined. Each bite is a burst of flavor, and I can't help but moan in delight.

Lucas watches me with a grin, clearly pleased that I'm enjoying the food

Lucas watches me with a grin, clearly pleased that I'm enjoying the food. After we finish our meal, Lucas surprises me again by ordering dessert. He knows how much I love sweets, and I can't help but feel touched by his thoughtfulness.

After dinner, we take a leisurely stroll through the streets, hand in hand, enjoying each other's company and the peacefulness of the night. Despite the chill in the air, I feel warm and content, knowing that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

As we reach home, Lucas pulls me into his arms, holding me close as we stand on the doorstep. With a smile, Lucas leans down and presses his lips to mine, sealing our love with a gentle kiss.

I can't shake off the feeling of guilt as Lucas's lips press against mine in a tender kiss. There's something undeniably special about this moment, even though deep down, I know it's wrong. 

The warmth of his embrace and the sincerity in his eyes make it hard for me to resist, despite the doubts gnawing at the back of my mind.

The film we watched together turned out to be phenomenal, and the dinner we shared was delicious beyond words. 

Yet, my thoughts are consumed by the pregnancy tests hidden in the closet back home. I can't escape the nagging worry about what they might reveal

•------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------•