CHAPTER-4

VEER'S POV

It was late at night when I reached home. Today, I got late because I took half a day off to drop Neha at the railway station. After dropping her off, I immediately went to work. I went towards the living room and found Ishika sleeping on the couch with the TV on. 

As I saw her face, I couldn't help but feel something for her every time I looked at her. This is wrong; I am a married man, even though my married life is a joke. 

I switched off the TV and went to my room to freshen up. After freshening up, I thought to wake Ishika and order food for us. 

However, when I reached the living room, Ishika was not there. Then, I heard a voice from the kitchen. I went towards the kitchen and found Ishika heating the food. 

She turned and said, "Hey Jiju, dinner is ready. Come, sit." I sat at the dining table, and soon she brought the food. I tried to help her by plating the food for both of us. She had made dal, roti,  sabji, and rice. I took the first bite of roti and found her handmade food delicious. After eating, I remembered my mom, and Ishika noticed me lost in some thoughts. She asked, "Is the food so bad that you can't eat?"

I mentioned that it is delicious, and we both started eating our dinner together while having some conversation

I mentioned that it is delicious, and we both started eating our dinner together while having some conversation. After finishing our food, I picked up the plates and put them in the sink. I smiled, realizing how Ishika made something for me for the first time, even though Neha never made something for me.

 It's always me who makes breakfast for her; she only prepares lunch for herself, and dinner is usually made by me. However, when she makes dinner, it never tastes as good as Ishika's food did today.

I cleaned the dining table and the kitchen counter. As I was going towards my room, Ishika, who was watching TV, called me over and suggested we watch TV together.

 I sat beside her and found out she was watching some Korean drama series. I decided to watch this series for her sake, even though I have no interest in watching TV. I found the series interesting, but soon I heard some noise. I looked towards my left and saw Ishika crying during emotional scenes. 

I tried to comfort her, and when she held my hand and started crying loudly, she asked why such things were happening to the female lead?, as if I had done something wrong to her. I held her in my arms to provide some warmth, and after a few minutes, I found her sleeping in my arms.

I couldn't let her sleep on the couch, as it may cause back problems. So, I gently carried her to her room and tucked her in. As I did so, I felt a sense of warmth and closeness that I hadn't experienced in a long time.

AUTHOR'S POV

After completing some important work in his room, Veer realized it was quite late. He decided to call it a night and get some rest. The next morning, Veer woke up feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead. He decided to go for a jog to start his day on a healthy note. He changed into his track pants and was about to head out when Ishika called out to him.