CHAPTER-9

VEER'S POV

I am sitting with Ishika in the police station. She is crying uncontrollably. The police inspector mentions that they did not find anything suspicious regarding Neha's death. In the CCTV footage, it is shown that only Neha and Nishank reached home at 5 pm after shopping, and no one else entered the home. So, it is confirmed that Nishank is the culprit.

 In my mind, I think they will not be able to find any evidence because I have hacked the CCTV footage. They mention they will give us Neha's body after the postmortem. 

I nod my head and take Ishika with me back home. I try to comfort Ishika. She is crying, mentioning how much she and our parents tried to make Neha understand that Nishank is not a good guy. But, Di is so crazy in her love that she did not listen to us. Now, see, she is murdered by that bastard. 

I also pretend to cry in front of Ishika to show how bad I am feeling with Neha's death. I mention to Ishika to stop crying, take rest, and I am going to call our parents about Neha's death. Ishika leaves the living room while I go into the balcony to call Neha's parents. 

I pretend to cry and feel a lump in my throat. I call Neha's parents, and her father answers the call. He greets me, "Beta Veer, kaise ho?" I greet him back, "I'm alright, Papa ji. Actually, Papa, you have to come with Mummy ji to Mumbai. Please, it is an emergency." He feels something is not right and asks about Neha and Ishika. 

I mention, "Please, you come to Mumbai with Mummy ji," and cut the call. I know it is hard for them, and I don't want them to suffer after learning about Neha's death. When they come to Mumbai, I will explain everything. 

Next, I call my father and inform him to come to Mumbai immediately because of an emergency. I prepare food for Ishika because I can't let my love go hungry. I make her eat the food and  give her some medicines so she can sleep peacefully then I went to my room for sleep.

The next day, it is morning, and my parents and Ishika's parents are coming together in a few minutes. I am waiting for them with Ishika in the living room. The bell rings, and I go to the door to open it for them.

 I greet them as they enter, and my mother hugs me and asks how I am. I mention that I am good while Ishika is sitting with her parents. 

They are asking how she is, and they greet each other happily. I feel so happy for them when all of a sudden, Ishika's father asks about where Neha is. Ishika starts crying, and I also show some tears, pretending that I am very affected by the statement I am going to say. 

I mention that Neha got murdered. They feel shocked, and Neha's parents start crying. They ask how it happened, who did it. When Ishika starts narrating everything to them about Neha's affair with Nishank, how Neha blackmailed me, how Nishank murdered Neha in a rage and drunken state, her parents and my parents  get shocked after listening to everything. 

They start crying and mention what bad deeds they did that they got Neha's like a daughter.  Ishika tries to comfort her parents but they are crying badly by hugging Ishika within their arms. Neha's father stands in front of me, folds his hands, and mentions sorry to me. 

I feel bad for them as they love their daughter dearly

, but Neha deserves this. That bitch made me suffer so much in the last 5 years, I did not feel they are wrong as they hide about neha's and nishank before my marriage with neha.  I can understand  because neha also deceives them .

I mention it is okay and mention we have to leave for the police station after 1 hour. I order Ishika to take her parents to her room while I take the parents' luggage to my room.