CHAPTER-11

AFTER THREE WEEKS

ALICE'S POV

Lucas finally came back home from the hospital. I had already shifted my things back into my room now that Lucas had regained his memory. It was a relief to see him back, but things felt different. I couldn't shake off the feeling that something had changed between us.

I still remembered how hurt Lucas had been when he learned about my mother's death. It had been a difficult time for both of us, and I could tell that he was still carrying that pain with him. He seemed a bit distant, and I couldn't help but feel a pang of sadness as I missed our good moments together.

Despite everything, I tried to be understanding. I knew that Lucas had been through a lot, and I wanted to give him the space he needed to process everything. But deep down, I couldn't shake off the feeling of unease that lingered between us.

As the days passed, I noticed Lucas becoming more withdrawn. He spent long hours at work, and when he was home, he seemed lost in his own thoughts. It was like he was carrying a heavy burden on his shoulders, and I felt powerless to help him.

ONE EVENING

AUTHOR'S POV

 Lucas cleared his throat, breaking the silence that hung heavy between us as we sat down for dinner. His voice was tense as he spoke, "Alice, are you hiding something from me?"

My heart skipped a beat, and a lump formed in my throat as I felt the weight of his question. I glanced down at my plate, feeling nervous and unsure of how to respond. With a shaky breath, I shook my head, denying his accusation.

But before I could say anything else, Lucas reached across the table and placed a piece of paper in front of me. My eyes widened in shock as I realized what it was – my pregnancy report. How had he found it? My mind raced with questions as panic began to set in.

"When were you going to tell me?" Lucas's voice was filled with anger, his tone sharp and accusing. "You've been hiding this from me."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I struggled to find the right words. I felt exposed, vulnerable, as if Lucas had uncovered a secret I had been desperately trying to keep hidden. I had hoped to tell him in my own time, to spare him the burden of my news, but now it seemed that option had been taken away from me.

Before I could respond, Lucas stood up from his chair and came around to my side of the table. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close as I buried my face in his chest, unable to hold back my tears any longer.

"You're my responsibility, Alice," Lucas said softly, his voice gentler now, filled with sadness and remorse. "I remember everything – how you pretended to be my wife, how you took care of me, even when I didn't deserve it. And now this – this baby. It's my responsibility too."

I sobbed into his shirt, overwhelmed by his words and the weight of everything we had been through together. Despite the pain and uncertainty, there was a sense of relief in finally being able to share my secret with him, to have him acknowledge it and accept it as his own.

"I'm sorry, Alice," Lucas continued, his voice breaking with emotion. "I'm sorry that you had to endure all of this because of me. I'm sorry for the pain and the shame that I've caused you. But please, let me take care of you and our baby. I don't want this child to suffer because of us."

I nodded, my tears still flowing freely as I clung to him, grateful for his words and his embrace. "Don't say such things, Lucas," I whispered, my voice choked with emotion. 

"You've already done so much for me. You've given me love and care when I needed it most. I couldn't ask for a better father for this baby."

Lucas's hand moved to rest on my stomach, his touch gentle and reassuring. I felt a surge of warmth and happiness flood through me, despite the uncertainty of our situation. In that moment, I knew that no matter what the future held, we would face it together, as a family.

Alice felt overwhelmed as Lucas embraced her. Despite their uncertain situation, she felt love and gratitude for him.

 Lucas felt satisfaction - he had manipulated the situation to his advantage. He felt a smug sense of victory knowing Alice was his alone. 

Soon, he planned to make her his wife. Lucas was determined that nothing and no one would come between them. As they pulled away from the hug, Lucas promised Alice that they would get through it together. Alice was confident that, with each other, they could overcome anything.

AFTER SIX MONTHS

It had been six months since Lucas had learned about Alice's pregnancy and accepted his role as her partner and the father of their child. In that time, he had stepped up in ways that Alice could never have imagined. He took care of her with a tenderness and dedication that mirrored that of a loving husband.

Every morning, Lucas would wake up early to prepare breakfast for Alice, making sure she had a nutritious meal to start her day. 

He would then help her with her daily tasks, whether it was running errands or doing household chores. Despite his busy schedule, he always made time for her, never once making her feel like she was a burden.

Lucas accompanied Alice to all her doctor's appointments, holding her hand tightly as they waited for the doctor to confirm the health of their unborn child. 

He listened intently as the doctor explained each step of the pregnancy journey, offering words of encouragement and support whenever Alice needed it most.

But it wasn't just the practical aspects of caring for Alice that Lucas excelled at. He also showered her with love and affection.

Lucas made sure that Alice felt loved and cherished every single day. He pampered her, making sure she was comfortable and happy, even when she was experiencing the discomforts of pregnancy. 

He would massage her swollen feet, run her a warm bath, or simply sit with her and talk about their hopes and dreams for the future.

But perhaps the most touching thing Lucas did was the way he talked to their unborn child. Every night before bed, he would place his hand on Alice's stomach and talk to the baby, telling them stories about their family and the love that surrounded them. 

It was clear that Lucas was already deeply in love with their child, and he couldn't wait to meet them.

Through his actions, Lucas showed Alice what it truly meant to be loved and cared for. Alice starts falling in love with Lucas after witnessing his love and care for their baby. 

He was more than just a partner – he was her rock, her support, her everything. And as she looked into his eyes, she knew that she was the luckiest woman in the world to have him by her side.

•------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------••------•°•✿•°•------•