CHAPTER-2

VEER'S POV

NEXT DAY

I wake up from my slumber and follow my usual routine, heading out for a jog. Since today is Sunday and I have no office, I jog leisurely before returning home. As I make my way towards my room, Neha suddenly appears before me, informing me that Ishika will be staying in Mumbai for two years to complete her degree. 

However, Neha plans to convince her parents to admit Ishika into a hostel after three months. Until then, we must pretend to be a happy couple in front of Ishika to avoid her discovering our marriage issues, as she's intelligent and could reveal everything to our parents. I nod in agreement, resigned to the charade.

After taking a shower, I ponder bitterly about the facade I must maintain with Neha. My life feels like a never-ending drama. Dressed in casual attire, I decide to leave the house after breakfast, as I usually do on days off, to avoid any encounters between Neha and her friend Nishank. Neha never seems to feel any shame about spending time with him in front of me.

Upon reaching the dining table, I find Ishika sitting there with headphones on, lost in music. I join them for breakfast, silently consuming my meal. Ishika expresses her desire to explore Mumbai, but Neha declines, claiming she's not feeling well. 

I understand her reluctance – she likely has plans with Nishank. Surprisingly, Neha insists that I accompany Ishika, shocking me. I try to indicate my reluctance, but seeing Neha's displeasure, I reluctantly agree, knowing I can't risk her anger.

Ishika's excitement is palpable as she cheers and hugs Neha before rushing off to change. Neha takes the opportunity to blackmail me again, warning me not to return before 8 o'clock as she plans to spend quality time with Nishank. I comply silently, changing into suitable attire before waiting for Ishika in the living room.

After what seems like an eternity, Ishika emerges, dressed in a black crop top and shorts, looking adorable

She urges me to hurry, and we bid goodbye to Neha before setting off to explore Mumbai by car

AUTHOR'S POV