CHAPTER-8

AUTHOR'S POV

It is morning time. Ishika is sitting in the living room on the couch. She is waiting for Neha as Veer already left for his work without meeting Ishika in the morning. The whole night, Ishika feels bad for Veer after learning the truth about Neha.

She cannot believe that her sister could do such things; she blackmailed Veer and even after her marriage with him, she still had an affair with Nishank, which is illegal and cheating her parents. Lost in her thoughts, she did not notice when Neha came into the house.

Neha notices Ishika sitting in the living room on the couch, she feels weird that Ishika is in the house and did not leave for the institution. She feels disappointed because today she had decided to have a lunch date with Nishank in the house. She acts sweetly and asks, 'Arey Ishu, what are you doing here? Didn't you should be at the institution by this time?'"

ISHIKA'S POV

I feel so much anger towards Neha Di. I mention, "Neha Di, I need to talk to you." Neha says she's feeling tired, mentioning that last night she took care of her friend who had an accident. Neha is drinking water while talking to me, but as I reply, "Did your friend get admitted to the Red Stiletto Restaurant?", Neha chokes on her water after hearing the name of the restaurant. It's the same restaurant where Veer and I celebrated my birthday last night, and where Neha visited with Nishank for a date.

Neha pretends, "What are you saying, Ishu?" I shout at Neha, saying I know everything, Di. I saw with my own eyes the two of you in the restaurant on a date last night. Di, how could you do this? You know Mom and Dad never wanted you to stay in touch with that Nishank.

Everyone knows he's a fraud. You're married, Di, and cheating on Veer Jiju. For the last five years, how could you do this? It's illegal, and you stooped so low to blackmail Veer's Jiju over his parents, threatening to reveal your affair with Nishank. You blackmailed him by mentioning that you would put allegations of fake dowry and domestic abuse on him and his parents.

Neha Di, how could you do this? You were never like this. I know you did all this under the influence of that fraud Nishank.

By listening to the word "fraud" for Nishank, Neha loses control of herself and slaps me. "How dare you call my Nishank a fraud?!" Ishika notices such weird behavior from Neha, it feels strange, like Neha is possessed.

Neha shouts at me, accusing me of pointing fingers at her, daring me to reveal anything about her affair with Nishank and the details of their relationship to anyone.

Then, Neha smiles evilly, threatening to spread false rumors that I'm having an affair with Veer and that Veer is cheating on her with me.

I feel shocked after hearing this. "Neha Di, how could you do this? You know I respect Veer Jiju. This is disgusting."

Neha smirks and mentions, "You don't know me, dear Ishu. You don't know how evil I can be." She smiles and instructs me to tell my dear Jiju that she's going outside with Nishank, warning me not to interfere. Neha goes into her room to change.

I feel numb, I can't believe that my sister could even humiliate my character just to satisfy herself.

Later in the night, when Veer reaches home, he finds no one in the living room. He decides to check on Ishika. He knocks on her door but receives no answer. Concerned, he enters her room and finds her silently weeping, a red handprint visible on her face as though she had been slapped. Veer tries to rouse Ishika and asks, "What happened?"

Ishika replies, "Nothing."

Veer tries to touch her face but restrains himself. He suggests, "Let's have dinner. Wash your face, get freshened up, and come to the dining room." He leaves the room and orders dinner for both of them.