CHAPTER-5

After their reception, Ranvijay and Ruhanika returned to their room. As the door clicked shut behind them, the air seemed to change, carrying a weight of unspoken thoughts and emotions.

While Ruhanika changed, she couldn't shake off thoughts about the Karan incident. Ranvijay noticed her unease and asked if everything was okay.

She didn't wish to confide in Ranvijay about the unsettling encounter with Karan, fearing it might sow seeds of misunderstanding or friction between the brothers.

"I'm just tired," Ruhanika replied, her voice almost a whisper, masking the turmoil within her.As Ruhanika excused herself to freshen up.

She stepped into the bathroom for a shower, while Ranvijay resolved to protect her from any harm, even to the extent of taking drastic measures against potential threats.

NEXT DAY

Morning arrived, and Ruhanika geared up for her first day at Rathore Enterprises.

Ranvijay joined her, and together they headed to the office. Upon arrival, the employees warmly welcomed Ruhanika.

Ranvijay led her to a cabin, indicating that it was now hers.

His assistant, Jay, arrived with a bouquet, which Ranvijay presented to Ruhanika as a welcome gesture

His assistant, Jay, arrived with a bouquet, which Ranvijay presented to Ruhanika as a welcome gesture. He instructed Jay to provide Ruhanika with all the legal documents pertaining to their upcoming Paris project. Moreover, he informed her of an imminent meeting with Paris investors in three hours and expressed his desire for her presence.

Ranvijay excused himself to prepare for the meeting in his own cabin, leaving Ruhanika to peruse the documents thoroughly.

As she delved into the paperwork, Ruhanika absorbed herself in checking every detail related to the new project.

AFTER FEW HOURS

Ranvijay, ready for a crucial meeting, sought Ruhanika from her cabin. Together, they entered the conference room, the designated space for their pivotal discussion. Greetings flowed in for Ranvijay upon his arrival. Within this setting, he proudly introduced Ruhanika as his wife and the new head of the legal department, setting the tone for the meeting.

As discussions progressed, the participants neared finalizing the deal, but Ruhanika, keen-eyed, spotted loopholes within the agreement.

She voiced her concerns just as Natasha, Mr. Vijay Roy's daughter, disrupted her. Natasha, accustomed to wielding influence due to her father's status within Rathore Enterprises, felt a pang of jealousy towards Ruhanika's prominence in the meeting.

Natasha aimed to assert her own importance, attempting to belittle Ruhanika's contributions by discrediting her experience. However, Ranvijay intervened, granting Ruhanika the opportunity to present her perspective. With astute points benefiting the company, Ruhanika's insights garnered appreciation from everyone, except Natasha.

After the meeting adjourned, only Ruhanika, Natasha, and Ranvijay lingered in the conference room.

Ranvijay praised Ruhanika for her exceptional work and excused himself, leaving with Natasha to his cabin.

Behind closed doors, a charged atmosphere took shape as Ranvijay, overwhelmed with anger, confronted Natasha, restraining her aggressively and warning her against humiliating his wife.

Natasha, shaken by Ranvijay's intensity, hastily exited the cabin upon his command, her fear evident in Ranvijay's darkened gaze.

Alone in the room, Ranvijay battled to compose himself, attempting to calm the storm of emotions roiling within him.

AFTER TWO MONTHS

Two months had passed since Ruhanika and Ranvijay's marriage, and during this time, they grew closer. Ruhanika began to feel something special for Ranvijay.

In the evening, Ruhanika was engrossed in a book, a joyous moment for her as a passionate book lover. Ranvijay had gifted her a small library containing all her favorite books, making her immensely happy.

 Ranvijay had gifted her a small library containing all her favorite books, making her immensely happy

As Ranvijay entered the room, they exchanged greetings, sharing the pleasant atmosphere. When Ruhanika requested coffee, Ranvijay agreed, prompting her to step into the kitchen to prepare it for both of them.

Returning with two cups, one for Ranvijay and one for herself, they cherished this shared coffee time, a favorite routine for the couple.

During their conversation, Ranvijay disclosed their upcoming trip to Paris for a business deal the next evening.

Ruhanika's face lit up with excitement as Paris had always been a dream destination for her.

Her eagerness to plan for the trip was palpable, and Ranvijay, sensing her enthusiasm, believed this journey would hold special significance for both of them.

They spent the evening discussing their impending trip, Ruhanika eagerly making plans and Ranvijay silently hoping it would be a memorable experience for them.

Both sensed the growing closeness between them during these moments of anticipation and shared interests. The prospect of exploring Paris together heightened their emotions, and they looked forward to the adventure awaiting them in the City of Love.