『 thirty-three 』

rushing back inside the company building, sihyuk growls in annoyance. they already found officer wong but the problem is, she doesn't want to speak about where jiwon is, all she says is that they shouldn't keep their eyes off yeonjun or anything worse will happen. because of her statement, sihyuk had a bad feeling so he hurriedly went back. "p–pd-nim, i am sure that yeonjun is safe inside the building." hayoon uttered nervously as she followed along behind him.

"no, as long as jiwon hasn't yet been caught, yeonjun wouldn't be safe even inside here." sihyuk stated after entering the elevator. every staff member of the company knows where they could enter the building without being caught by the netizens so sihyuk is sure that jiwon might as well enter through that door if he still has his ID.

as they both entered the studio, sihyuk immediately exclaimed, "where is yeonjun?!"

being surprised, singyu almost jumped from his place. "he's having some fresh air with soobin on the rooftop." the manager uttered.

groaning, sihyuk ruffled his hair with annoyance. "why are you taking your eyes off him?!" he exclaimed before walking out of the room. singyu widened his eyes as he was shocked and diverted his sight on hayoon. "did something happen?"

"well, officer wong somehow threatened us. pd-nim became a lot more worried." she explained.

"soobin, yeonjun!" sihyuk immediately called out as he reached the top floor. the two immediately shifted their eyes to their producer-director. "pd-nim, did you already find jiwon?" soobin asked.

sihyuk immediately calmed down as he saw the two are both alright. he then shook his head "not yet, but we found officer wong. the problem is she wouldn't talk about where jiwon is."

sighing, yeonjun and soobin both looked at each other. "what's the plan then?" yeonjun asked. "i still haven't thought about it, but i bet that jiwon will show up in this building without any notice." sihyuk stated.

"are there still a lot of reporters outside?" soobin asked. he already wanted to go back to their dorm and take some rest.

sihyuk nodded his head "yes, but they will probably go away sooner or later. for now, let's go back to the studio."

the two, soobin and yeonjun, agreed and decided to go back with sihyuk.

as they went back to the studio, they saw taehyun and huening kai sitting on the couch staring at the wall while singyu was walking around in circles. "what's the matter?" sihyuk asked as he immediately noticed that they were worried about something.

"b-beomgyu hyung is missing." taehyun uttered nervously as his eyes were teary. hearing that made the three, sihyuk, yeonjun, and soobin, gasped. "what?!" soobin exclaimed.

"how is that possible? i thought he was with you two?"

"well, yeah. we were at the convenience store earlier. when taehyun was about to pay for our meals, beomgyu hyung said that he will just go to the restroom but he didn't come back after some minutes. we went to check every restroom of this building but we didn't find beomgyu hyung." huening kai explained while his voice was slightly shaking.

"i have a feeling that jiwon is involved with this so i kept calling him but he wouldn't answer." singyu uttered.

groaning, sihyuk let out a huge sigh while rubbing his temples. he knows it is not worth it to blame them nor give them lectures as nothing will happen if he does it. he also knows that they are aware that it is their fault for letting beomgyu alone, but somehow, it is also his fault for not protecting every member and just focusing on soobin and yeonjun.

"have you tried calling his phone?" yeonjun asked as he broke the quiet tension inside the room. taehyun shakes his head as a no, "we left our phones here." he uttered and pointed at the phones on the table.

right, singyu prohibited them from using their phones for a while to avoid them from seeing the hurtful comments of the haters.

"the media shouldn't know about this." seriousness laced on sihyuk's voice. "we should call the police." soobin suggested.

"we can't report a missing person that hasn't shown up for like an hour. plus, we don't know where he went and how he got missing in the first place, he was just inside this building earlier." singyu said.

"have you checked the cctv cameras?" sihyuk asked, making singyu nod his head. "the cctv showed that beomgyu came in the men's restroom on the first floor but it stopped right there, no sign of beomgyu walking out nor any other staffs."

sihyuk knitted his brows. "that's odd." he uttered. before he could speak another word, singyu's phone started ringing. the manager immediately checked his phone to see who it was, and it was an unknown number. he hesitated to answer it but he pressed the green button anyways.

"hello? who's this?"

"singyu, my friend!"

hearing the familiar voice immediately made singyu's expression drop into anger. "jiwon!" he called out before letting out a groan.

the people inside the room swiftly shifted their eyes to singyu as they heard him saying the name. "turn it into a loudspeaker." sihyuk whispered but loud enough for singyu to hear it.

"how are you? i'm sorry for not showing up yesterday for the fansign event, i was sick.. sick of seeing how affectionate yeonjun and soobin is!"

"you're so immature. do you even know what you did!"

"oh, i didn't do anything. the pictures? it was because of officer wong, not me."

"you set the whole thing up! yeonjun being accused of drugs? soobin dating rumor? now i bet you even kidnapped beomgyu!"

"bingo! how did you know? say hello to your friends gyu."

"hyung, help!"

"i said hello you bitch. anyways, if you want to get beomgyu, let's have a trade. i give back beomgyu, then i get soobin. i'll send you the location, meet me there at 6 pm. see yah~"

before singyu could speak, the call immediately hung up. "wh-what are we gonna do, hyung?" yeonjun asked in a shaking voice while his eyes were already on the verge of tears.

"well, let's just do what jiwon wants." sihyuk casually uttered as he shrugged, making the others widened their eyes because of shock. "pd-nim?!"

════ +×+ ════

i'm back?