『 thirty-five 』

"i'm glad that it's all finished." sihyuk stated as a smile drew on his face.

singyu nodded. "yes. the boys need some rest, and you too, pd-nim."

"you need it too, singyu. after the things that happened, mostly what happened to soobin, you all need to take a rest." pd-nim uttered before giving the envelopes to singyu.

"distribute this to the staff and members, you need to sign this."

"what's written in these?"

"filing a leave letter. i decided to give you some rest. the group will be on hiatus for 6 months to let the fans rest for the happenings, 5 months for you and for the members, and 3 months for the staffs." sihyuk explained.

singyu gladly accepted the envelopes and bowed before leaving the office.

"can you please stop making fun of me?!" yeonjun groaned in annoyance while soobin is laughing as he tried to mimic how dramatic the older was in the abandoned gym.

"you can be an actor, don't you think? i seriously felt like i was dying because of your reaction." soobin uttered between his laughs, making yeonjun huffed. "i was just.. really scared at that moment. i didn't want to lose you!"

the taller lad's laughs fades away as he notices that the older's eyes began to get teary. he then cooed. "but you won't lose me, hyung. i was wearing a bulletproof vest."

that's right, all of it was part of their plan. singyu already knows that jiwon will have a gun with him since he has a police officer friend, so they borrowed a bulletproof vest from the police for soobin and yeonjun (in case that soobin didn't catch the bullet).

there were eventually two plans, the first plan was to catch jiwon immediately if he instantly got emotional, and the second plan was to trigger jiwon so that he could shoot the gun to yeonjun and let soobin catch it.

yeonjun's cries were part of the act.

luckily, the second plan worked and so the company could charge jiwon with a serious case of attempted murder of their idol and false rumor spreader. if the first plan worked, they could just file a case of false rumor spreader which is a much lighter case than attempted murder.

the one who was most traumatized was beomgyu since he was the one that had been kidnapped and didn't have any clue with his surroundings at that time and he just suddenly heard a gunshot.

"but i was serious about one specific thing." soobin uttered which made yeonjun raise his eyebrow.

"what was it?"

"that i love you." the younger lad uttered sincerely, which made yeonjun scoff "whatever". he was just teasing the older earlier, and now he's being lovey dovey with him.

in the middle of their conversation, the three other members joined them. "soobin hyung, are you sure you're not dead?" beomgyu strangely asked as he was still traumatized by the gunshot.

"i told you, i wasn't hurt." soobin said reassuringly, which made the younger lad nodded.

"how are you, gyu? i'm really sorry for getting involved with the mess." yeonjun uttered.

"don't be sorry, hyung. in fact, i felt like i was the main character!" beomgyu giggled, imagining that he was written in some book and his knight and shining armor will try to save him. "though, soobin hyung isn't my type."

soobin sneered. "i bet you wished it was taehyun and huening kai who were trying to save you."

this made the two maknaes laugh. "he actually told us that he thought i was with you and i will hug him to ask if he was okay." taehyun uttered, making beomgyu flushed in embarrassment.

"i-i didn't say that, hyun!" beomgyu stuttered and groaned in annoyance.

"oh, beomgyu? are you okay? were you hurt? i was so worried." huening kai jokingly said as he tried to act on beomgyu what the lad wanted to feel. this made them laugh and beomgyu rolled his eyes. "stop it! you don't know how traumatic it was!"

their leader nodded. "but at least, it's all finished." he uttered, which made everyone agree.

as they continued their conversation, someone knocked on the door and entered the studio. it was singyu.

"pd-nim wanted us to take some rest for five months." their manager uttered, while giving the envelopes that sihyuk gave to him earlier. "you all can go back to your hometowns. the group will be on hiatus for six months."

all of them nodded and gradually accepted the envelopes. "take a rest too, hyung. you didn't leave us behind." soobin smiled, making singyu nodded. "i will."

and so, they all signed up for the letter and gave it back to sihyuk. they bid their goodbye to him before they pack their things up.

sihyuk also decided to get a new dorm for the boys since the reporters already knew where their dorms were and some fans found it out. it'll be safe for the boys to get a new dorm after they finish their five months of rest.

"yeonjun hyung, do you have any plans for five months?" soobin asked while watching the older packed up his things.

yeonjun shrugged. "i don't know."

"how about we should go to beomgyu's hometown?" their leader suggested, loud enough for the others to hear. taehyun and huening kai heads lit up since they also have any plans for their rest.

"i'm in if you will go!" huening kai bursted, making soobin smile. taehyun nodded, signing that he will go as well.

yeonjun rolled his eyes and smiled, "do i have any choice?" he uttered. well, since he actually lives in seoul, he doesn't have any province he can go to. "we will experience riding on a trail truck." yeonjun jokingly said, making beomgyu groan in annoyance.

"i'll show you how high-tech daegu is!" beomgyu exclaimed as he rolled his eyes, making the others burst into laughter.

════ +×+ ════