Chapter 3

Chapter Three

Amaya

It's been three hours since I talked to Mr Carter. He followed me up to my room after I left the living room and basically demanded I tell him who Brendon was.

If you demand me to do something, you're either going to get cussed out or ignored and he got ignored because I'm not in the mood to argue with him again. So I just slammed my bedroom door in his face and locked it. He banged on the door for about 10 minutes before he finally gave up and went back downstairs.

I heard my parents come back from the store and getting food an hour ago but I still refuse to come out of my room until he leaves. I know he probably won't be leaving until later tonight because there is a baseball game on tonight and we all know he has to stay and watch it with my dad.

I'm currently laying on my stomach on my bed writing my 4 page paper over World War 1 for Mr Carter's class when I hear a knock on my door.

The soft knock let's me know it's my mom so I get up from my bed and unlock the door. I open it and see her smiling at me.

"Hey sweetie, come eat before it gets cold." She tells me.

"I will in a little bit. I'm working on a paper."

"Okay, Mya." She smiles. "Don't be too long or your father may eat your food."

I laugh and nod my head. "Okay mom."

I leave the door open and lay back down on my bed to continue writing my paper.

I don't understand why we have to learn this stuff. I mean this stuff happened years ago so why do we have to learn about it? It's already done and over with.

I hear another knock on my door but I don't bother looking up from writing because I think it's my mom again.

"I said I'd come come eat in a little."

"Are you going to tell me who Brendon is now?" I hear a deep husky voice ask. I look up and meet eyes with Mr Carter.

I sigh and lay my pen down on my notebook as he sits down at the foot of my bed. I look at him with a blank face.

"He's Lukas's boyfriend." I tell him.

I'm not sure why I felt the need to him who Brendon was. Maybe to get him off my back and to leave me alone?

He don't say anything back so I pick my pen up and start writing my paper again. I only write a sentence before he gently moves my notebook away from my pen and looks over it.

"This sounds really good." He looks up at me and smiles. "All but the second page, add some more detail."

"But I'm going to have to rewrite it." I whined.

I've been working on this paper for two hours and there's no way I'm about to rewrite it. I don't care what grade he gives me.

"I'll help you." He says softly. He takes the pen out of my hand and starts writing stuff down on a blank piece of notebook paper.

I'm starting to think this man really is bipolar. He was nice and helpful at school and then hateful and demanding here and now he's back to being nice and helpful. Him being bipolar has got to be the reason why his moods change so quick.

"Now all you have to do when you rewrite the second page is add these details in it." He hands me my pen back.

"Thanks." I give him a small smile. I lay the pen on my notebook and look up at him.

"Mr Carter-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Call me Kane outside of school." He tells me.

I nod.

"Can I ask you a question?"

He turns his body around so he's facing me and smiles. "Of course."

"Why are you all the time around my family?" I asked.

This question has been bugging me for the past year. Seeing my teacher hang out with my family and not knowing if I'm allowed to ask why he's around or not bugged the hell out of me.

But him sitting here with me and my parents not around, I seen it as a perfect opportunity to ask.

He sighs and looks away from me for a second before looking back at me.

"I was going to wait until tomorrow to tell you." He starts. "I wanted to give you another day before you found out."

"Found out what?" I asked.

"You're going to be my wife." He smirked

Kane left me alone shortly after dropping the bomb on me that he is the one that I'm suppose to marry.

Him.

My teacher.

I'm suppose to marry my teacher.

Is that even legal?!

What the hell was going through my parents heads when they picked who I am suppose to marry?

It's after nine and I still have yet to come out of my room to eat. I know my food is past cold by now but I couldn't careless because now that I know he's the one I'm suppose to marry, I definitely don't want to come out of my room until he leaves.

I've been sitting on my window seat for the last two hours watching the neighborhood kids play soccer in the road with a million thoughts going through my head.

I hear a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I yelled.

I turn my head toward the door as I hear it open. I stand up as I see Kane walk in carrying a small blue box.

He smiles at me and hands me the box.

"What is that?" I asked him as I grab it from him.

"Open it." He tells me.

I slowly open the lid to the box and see a big silver diamond ring. I pull it out and frown at it then look up at him.

It's a fucking engagement ring.

An engagement ring!

"What is this?" I asked him as I look at the ring in my hand.

"It's your engagement ring." He smiles at me.

I shake my head. "Why did you buy me this?"

"Because since we're getting married, I thought you needed an engagement ring." He frowns at me. "If anyone ask, tell them it's a promise ring."

No one is going to believe me if I tell them this is just a promise ring. What teenage boy can afforded a Tiffany ring?

No one I know.

"I never said I was marrying you." I say. "I don't care if you and my parents think I am, but I'm not."

I see him clench his fist and his eyes turn a darker color. He takes a step closer to me and I take a step back. We do this until my back hits the wall.

He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into his chest.

"Listen and listen good because I'm only telling you this once." He growled. "You're marrying me because you're mine. I don't care if I have to drag you by your hair to the alter, screaming and crying. You. Are. Marrying. Me!"

"Do you understand me?"

I look down and nod my head.

He roughly grabs my chin and makes me look at him. "Use your words, Amaya."

"Y-yes." I cried.

He let's go of me and walks out of my room, slamming the door behind him.

I slide down the wall and bring my knees to my chest as tears roll down my cheeks.

Why are my parents making me marry him?

- - -