Chapter 27

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Amaya

6 days.

144 hours.

8,640 minutes.

That's how long I have until my wedding day.

As I lay awake in the early morning in Kane's arms, thoughts of the wedding fill my head. I can't believe I have less than a week until I'm married.

I'm not as mad as I was when I first found out I had to marry Kane. I guess I'm finally realizing that I don't have a say in whether I marry him or not.

I wish I did.

I also wish I could turn back time and go back to when I was 16. I would've ran away just like my brother had done at 18 but I knew I couldn't have done that. My parents always watched me like a hawk until Kane took over when I turned 18.

I guess I should really be thankful that they picked Kane, someone I already knew, to be my husband and not someone I didn't know.

My parents could've picked a unattractive seventy year old man but they didn't. They picked a very attractive thirty year old man.

I did not just think that.

I do not find the man that I am being forced to marry attractive.

Do I?

No, I don't.

I feel a kiss being placed on my temple. I turn my head and see Kane smiling at me.

"Good morning baby." He says in his husky morning voice.

I feel myself smile. "Good morning."

"How are you feeling?" He asked me.

"A lot better." I tell him.

"I'm glad to hear that." He plants a kiss on my cheek before standing up. "I'm going to go take a shower."

I nod and smile at him.

I watch him walk into the bathroom and shut the door behind him at the same time his phone dings.

I wait for the shower to turn on before reaching over and grabbing his phone off the nightstand. I look at the phone in my hands.

Am I really going to be that fiancé and go through his phone?

No. I'm not.

I lay his phone back down.

I know he not only took my phone from me but he also read the messages Brendon sent me but I can't bring myself to go through someone else's phone without their permission.

I can't stand the guys and girls that want to go through their boyfriend or girlfriends phone or have their passwords to all their social media's. A part of a relationship is having trust so if you go through their phone, you obviously don't trust them.

Kane's phone buzzes again as he walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

Woah.

I do have one attractive fiancé.

Damn it.

I did not just think that again.

I look at Kane to see him staring at me. "What?"

He shakes his head and chuckles. "Nothing, Princess." He says before walking into the closet.

I roll my eyes.

He walks back out of the closet wearing a white button down shirt and a pair of black dress pants.

I frown.

Why is he all dressed up?

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He sits down on the bed and starts putting on his socks and dress shoes. "I have a few errands to run."

I raise an eyebrow at him.

Running errands in dress clothes?

I normally run errands in a hoodie and sweat pants, not dress clothes. Where is he really going?

"Oh." I say. "Where do you have to go?"

"I just have to go to a few places." He tells me. "Don't worry about it, Amaya."

Don't worry about it?

He's dressed up like he's about to go to work, not run errands and he's telling me not to worry about it?

I get off the bed and walk out of the bedroom without saying anything to him. As I get to the bottom of the stairs, I feel him grab my wrist making me stop walking.

I turn around to face him and see him glaring at me.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked.

"What's wrong with me?" I say. "I asked where you were going and you told me not to worry about it."

"Because you don't need to worry about it, Amaya!" He yells. "If I tell you not to worry about something then you don't need to fucking worry about it."

"I am worrying about it, Kane!" I exclaimed. "I'm about to be your wife and you don't even tell me where you're going!"

"That's because I don't have to tell you!"

"Okay." I say.

I grab my shoes and car keys and open the front door. I walk outside barefoot toward my car but stop when I hear Kane ask me where I'm going.

I turn around and smile. "Don't worry about it."