Chapter 8

Chapter Eight

Amaya

I panic as I tear my room apart for the 5th time this week.

When I got home from school Monday I went to my bathroom vanity to get my ring only to find it gone. I've tore everything apart in my room and bathroom looking for the ring and I can't find it anywhere.

I've came home from school everyday this week and have looked for the ring. I have no idea where it has gone but I know I left it on the bathroom vanity.

I sit down in the middle of papers and clothes that are laying on my floor. Tears fall down my cheeks as I think about how angry Kane is going to be.

He spanked me for 'testing his patiences' so I can only image what he'll do if he finds out I've lost the ring.

I've done good hiding my hand from him the past few days but I know I won't be able to for much longer.

Where did the ring go?

The only people that live in this house are me, mom, and dad. I didn't touch it, I know dad didn't touch it because he don't come into my room, so that leaves mom.

I stand up from my spot on the floor and walk out of my bedroom. I walk down the hall to my parents bedroom.

When I get to their room, I look behind me to make sure neither one of them are coming and hurry into their room.

I look around noticing pieces of clothing and random shoes laying on the floor. I walk toward her tall jewelry box that's standing next to the dresser and open it.

I gasp as I open it. Laying on top of a pile of rings is my engagement ring.

What the hell is she doing touching my stuff?

I grab my ring and storm out of their room, I don't even bother closing her jewelry box or the bedroom door.

I stomp down the stairs and angrily slam the door open to the kitchen. Mom, dad, and Kane turn their heads to look at me.

"What the hell are you doing touching my stuff?" I glare at her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked innocently.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" I yell.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Kane stand up from the table. I feel his arms wrap around my waist and pull me into his chest.

"Calm down." He whispers in my ear.

He apparently doesn't know, you never tell an angry woman to calm down.

I turn my head a little and glare at him.

I'll deal with him later.

"I tore my room upside down looking for my ring and you watched me." I say through gritted teeth. "But you had it all along."

"I didn't touch your ring." She fake laughs.

"Then tell me why I found it in your jewelry box?" I asked. I raise an eyebrow as I see her face go a shade lighter.

I feel Kane's hands tighten on my waist.

"What the hell are you doing getting into my jewelry box?" She ask me angrily.

"I know you've always wanted a diamond ring and dads been too cheap to buy you one, but you do not steal your daughters engagement ring." I spat.

She crossed her arms. "I thought you didn't want this marriage."

"It doesn't matter if I want it or not, mom." I tell her. "The point is you don't steal something so expensive from your daughter!"

I shake my head. "You know what, forget it. I got it back."

I take Kane's hands off my waist and turn around walking out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room. I walk into my room and sigh when I see how messy my room is.

I push some clothes into the floor and sit down on my bed. I look down at the ring on my finger.

Its so beautiful.

I still don't want to get married, no matter how beautiful my ring is. I'm only 18 years old, I should be planning on going to college in the fall, not planning a wedding.

Well I haven't started planning yet but I know I'll have to start before too long because I have a feeling Kane isn't going to wait until my 21st birthday to start planning. It will probably be as soon as I graduate.

I sure hope not.

I see light brown dress shoes come into my eye view making me lift my head up. I see Kane standing in front of me smiling. He sits down next to me on the bed and grabs my hand.

He rubs his thumb over the top of my hand. "Why didn't you tell me your ring went missing?"

Because you would've went crazy.

"I thought I miss placed it and I didn't want to make you angry or think I lost it on purpose." I tell him.

"You're right." He says. "I would have been angry but I would've helped you find it."

"Well I found it now." I turn my head and look at the picture of me and Lukas sitting on my night stand.

It was summer three years ago. My family had decided to go on a last minute vacation to Florida. I basically begged my parents to let Lukas come and they ended up saying yes because even if my dad won't say anything about it, he really likes Lukas.

I yawn and lean my head on Kane's shoulder. I close my eyes as I feel him put his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him.