Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

Amaya

It's currently after 1 and I'm waiting on Lukas to pick me up. He called me this morning and told me to pack a bag and that he would be here to pick me up at 1 because we were going to Vegas.

I asked why we were going to Las Vegas and he told me because we didn't take a trip for senior spring break like we were suppose to so why not take a mini trip two weeks before graduation.

I grab my overnight bag and purse from beside the stairs as Lukas texted me he was here. I walk out of my house and lock the door behind me.

"Hurry up bitch!" Lukas yells out the window.

I laugh and put my bags in the trunk then get in the back seat. When I open the door I'm met with a guy and a girl smiling widely at me.

Give Lukas a look that says 'who the hell is this?'

Brendon laughs. "This is my cousin Lily and her boyfriend Adam."

I smile at them as I buckle my seat belt. "It's nice to meet you two, I'm Amaya."

"It's so nice to meet you! You're so beautiful!" Lily squeals. "I can't wait to get to know you tonight!"

She grabs my hands and squeals when she sees my ring. "Oh my gosh! Are you engaged?"

I nervously laugh. "Yeah."

I'm not about to mention it's arranged.

"You lucky whore! Look at the size of that rock!" She yells.

This girl is full of energy.

I pull my hands away from her as my phone buzzes. I frown as I see a text from Kane.

When did he get my number?

Call me if anything happens tonight. I'm already in Vegas. -K

Did he go to Las Vegas just because I was going?

I don't even care.

I text back okay then put my phone in my lap.

It's 12:15 in the morning and I'm currently sitting at the bar at a nightclub watching everyone dance.

Brendon got me and Lukas fake IDs so we would be able to get in to any club or casino down here. They have surprisingly worked at every place we have been to tonight.

I take a sip from my water and look around at all the people dancing or making out. My eyes land on a guy who's eyes were already on me.

He looks at me with a dark look in his eyes. He keeps his eyes on me as he takes a drink out of whatever is in his glass. I see him put his glass down on the table and stand up and start making his way over to me.

My eyes widen as he sits down on the stool next to me.

Damn he walked fast.

"Hey beautiful." He smirks.

"Hi." I say nervously.

"Why don't you and me get out of here?" He looks at me seductively, I think?

"No thank you." I smile. "I'm not interested."

He scoffs. "Bitch."

I roll eyes.

I stand up off the stool and grab my wristlet off the bar. I take my phone out and text Lukas that I'm going back to the hotel.

Before you say leaving by myself is not a smart idea, the hotel is only three buildings down so it's not like I'd have to walk a mile or have to take a taxi.

I walk out of the club and immediately get hit with the warm night May air. I jump as I feel a hand on my arm. I turn around and see a young girl with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"C-can you call me an Uber please?" She ask. "My phone is dead and I really need to get home."

I nod my head take my phone out and book an Uber for her.

"Are you ok sweetie?" I asked her.

She starts to nod her head then starts shaking it. "No me and my boyfriend just broke up."

"I'm so sorry." I frown. "Guys are dumb."

She laughs. "You must not think that because of the size of that rock on your finger."

I look down at my ring and sigh before looking back at her. "I guess you're right."

"I'm Macie." She holds her hand out for me to shake.

I smile at her and shake her hand. "Amaya."

Her Uber arrives and she smiles widely at me. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome Macie."

I walk into my hotel room and close and lock the door behind me. I got a room by myself since I was the only one without a boyfriend tonight.

Lily asked me if I wanted to share a room with her and she'd make Adam share a room with the guys but I told her no and that I liked my privacy.

I kick off my heels and take off my earrings and lay them on the desk. I turn on the light and raise an eyebrow as I see a bag from Chick-fil-A and a single rose laying on the bed with a light pink note card laying next to it.

I pick up the note card

I figured you'd be hungry when you got in, I hope you had a fun night. -K

I smile and open up the food bag. I pull out a chicken sandwich and a fry.

I grab my phone off the bed and hit Kane's name in my contacts. I put the phone to my ear and it rings for a few seconds before I hear Kane's voice. By the tone of his voice, I can tell I had woke him up.

"Hey baby." He whispers.

I frown.

"I'm sorry I woke you up." I tell him. "I just wanted to say thank you for the food."

I'll ask tomorrow how the hell he got into my hotel room.

"You're welcome." He says.

Who knew when Kane is tired he's not a talker?

"Goodnight Kane." I whisper.

"Goodnight beautiful."