Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

Amaya

I was jealous.

Very jealous.

I have no idea why I was jealous when I don't even like Kane. Well I don't think I do at least.

I don't know what came over me to kiss his cheek before I went back upstairs. I guess to show the woman that he's now taken and I'm the fiancé he was talking about.

When I was walking away from them I could feel the glares she was throwing at my back, which is why I turned my head to look at her and winked.

I don't know why I done that, I guess to also show her that I'm someone higher up in Kane's life now?

I don't know.

I don't even know who the hell that woman was. I could obviously tell she meant something to Kane in the past.

I'll ask him about her later.

I sigh as I feel the once hot water turn cold. I shut off the water and reach my hand out of the shower to grab a towel off the towel rack.

I step out of the shower with the towel wrapped around me and curse when I realize I have no clean clothes.

Maybe Kane will let me borrow something.

I walk over to the bathroom door and peek my head out to make sure Kane is no where in sight. When I don't see him I open the door more and walk into his bedroom.

I stop in my tracks when I see a pile of clothes laying on his now made bed. I walk over to the clothes. In the pile of clothes lay one of Kane's t-shirts, a red pair of lacy panties, and a matching bra.

I frown.

Where the hell did he get these?

I shake my head and drop the towel. I put on the undergarments then slide Kane's black t-shirt over my head.

I pick the towel up from the floor and put it in the hamper in the bathroom.

I shut off the bathroom light and walk out of Kane's bedroom.

When I get to the bottom of the stairs the doorbell goes off. I stand there for a few minutes wondering if I should answer the door or not.

I decide to answer it after the person at the door rings the doorbell two more times.

I open the door and an older woman with long curly black hair is standing there. Her once smiling face turns into a look of disgust when she sees me.

She looks me up and down making me remember I'm only in a t-shirt. I pull the shirt down.

"Guess I know why it took so long for someone to answer the door." She rolls her eyes. "Where's Kane?"

"I-I'm no-"

"I'm right here, mother." Kane's voice cuts me off.

Mother?

This is Kane's mother?!

His mom brushes past me and pulls Kane into a hug. "How are you doing, son?"

"Fine, mother. How are you?" He asked.

"Wonderful." She smiles at him but it drops when she looks at me. "Could you tell your whore to leave? We have important things to discuss."

My eyes widen.

Whore?

Why have I been called a whore so much the past two days?

I'm not even a whore!

Kane's arm wraps around my waist. "She's not a whore, mother, this is Amaya."

Her eyes widen and she covers her mouth with her hand. "Oh my dear! I'm so so-"

"It's fine." I cut her off. "I need to get home anyway."

I turn around and look at Kane. "Have you seen my phone?"

"It's laying on the dresser along with your purse." He tells me. "If you give me a few minutes, I'll take you home."

I shake my head. "It's ok, I'll call Lukas."

I put my jeans back on from last night and grab my purse when Lukas texted me he's outside.

I slip my shoes on and walk out of Kane's bedroom and down the stairs. I don't bother telling Kane bye, I'll just text him I left when I get in the car.

I walk outside and smile when I see Lukas and Brendon in Brendon's BMW.

"Hey babe!" Lukas greets me.

"Hi guys."

I send Kane a text that I left and put my phone in my purse.

"A woman came to Kane's house this morning." I tell them.

Lukas turns his head to look at me. "Why?"

I shrugged. "I don't know, but she asked if they could go to dinner then come back and watch movies like old times."

"She might be an ex." Brendon tells me.

"Maybe." I look out the window. "I'm not sure."

"What did Mr Carter tell her?" Lukas asked.

"He told her he had a fiancé." I tell him. "After he told her that, she looked so shocked but also really angry."

"Uh oh."

I look at Brendon and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"You better watch out, Amaya, she might be a threat to your marriage if she looked angry." He tells me.

A threat?

"Why would she be a threat?" I asked. "And even if she was, I wouldn't care. I don't even want this marriage."

Lukas looks at me and scoffs.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing." He looks out the window.

~~