Chapter 25

Chapter Twenty-Five

Amaya

"Hey baby."

I look up from my book to see Kane walking into my bedroom with a smile on his face.

"Hey." I say. He kisses my cheek before sitting down at the foot of my bed. "What are you doing here?"

"I have a surprise for you."

I raise an eyebrow. "A surprise?"

"Yes a surprise." He tells me. "Now get up and get dressed."

I shake my head and sit my book on the nightstand. I pull the covers away from my body and stand up from my bed.

I walk into my closet and look through my clothes. I pull out a black t-shirt dress and a light washed blue jean jacket.

I pull off my clothes and put on the outfit. I grab a pair of socks and sit down on the floor after I grab my white sneakers. I put the socks on then put on my shoes.

I walk out of my closet to see Kane laying on my bed, typing away on his phone. I pay him no attention and walk over to my dresser.

I take my hair out of the messy bun and redo it. I then grab a necklace and put it and spray on some perfume. I sit the perfume bottle back down on my dresser.

I turn around and jump as I see Kane standing behind me.

"Goodness you scared me." I tell him. I place my hand on top of my beating heart.

He chuckles. "You get scared so easily."

I roll my eyes. "I can't help it."

He shakes his head while still chuckling. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah." I say. "I didn't want to wear make up today."

"I find you so much more beautiful without it anyway." He tells me.

Awww.

I turn my head as I feel my cheeks grow warm.

"Let's go."

He chuckles and grabs my hand. I grab my purse and phone from off my dresser as he starts pulling me out of my room.

We've been driving for the past thirty minutes and Kane won't tell me anything about where we are going.

I frown as we pass the Los Angeles welcome sign.

"Why are we in Los Angeles?" I asked him.

He turns his head to look at me and smirks. "You'll see but first, close your eyes."

I look at him funny. "How am I suppose to see where we're going if I have to close my eyes?"

He rolls his eyes. "Close them."

I sigh and close my eyes.

After driving for a few more minutes I feel the car come to a stop and it turn off.

"Keep your eyes closed." Kane tells me before I hear the door open then close.

I hear the passenger side door open and Kane's hands grab mine as he helps me out of the car.

"You better not let me fall."

He chuckles. "I won't, baby."

I hear the sound of a bell going off and feel cold air on my face. I don't smell food or hear any noise so I think we walked into a store.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I whine.

I feel arms wrap around my waist. "Yes."

Finally.

I open my eyes.

I look around and see dozens of white wedding dresses.

He brought me to a bridal shop.

I turn my head and notice all the workers in a line with smiles on their faces and their hands behind their back. I also notice 4 people that bring tears to my eyes.

Lukas, Mary, my grandma, and Valerie Goodwin.

I put my hand over my mouth as tears fall down my cheeks.

He done this for me?

Mary walks to me and pulls me out of Kane's arms and toward the others. Mary, Lukas, and grandma all try to wrap their arms around me in a group hug. I laugh and to wrap my arms around them all as best as I can.

I wipe my tears away as we pull away.

Valerie smiles at me and pulls me into her own hug. "It is wonderful to meet you, sweetheart." She says as she pulls away.

"H-hi." I stutter making everyone including the workers laugh.

I feel myself blush.

Why are they laughing?

If they were meeting someone they've dreamed of meeting, they'd stutter too.

I can't help it.

"Are you ready to find your dream dress?" Valerie asked.

I nod my head. "I am, but give me a moment."

I smile at her and turn around. I see Kane standing there smiling at me with his hands in his pockets. I walk up to him.

"Thank you." I say. "You don't know how much this means to me."

"You don't have to thank me, baby." He tells me.

I smile and stand on my tippy toes so I'm eye to eye to him. I grab the back of his neck and bring his face closer to mine. "I'm thanking you anyway."

I press my lips against his in slow, soft kiss. I can tell it takes him by surprise by the way his body tenses up but not even a few seconds later he wraps his arms around me and his lips start moving against mine.

I pull away and look at him through my eyelashes to see him smiling.

"If this is what it takes to get you to kiss me, I'm going to have to start surprising you more often." He tells me.

I laugh and shake my head.

He chuckles and pecks my lips. "I'll see you later, princess. Have fun."

~~