Chapter 28

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Amaya

A glass of iced tea is in one hand while Jane Austen's book, Pride and Prejudice is in the other. I sit outside in the back yard of my house enjoying the warm and sunny day.

As I sit alone my mind replays the conversation I had with Kane earlier. I close my book after marking my page and sit it and my glass of tea down on the table before leaning back in my chair and closing my eyes.

I can't believe he told me he didn't need to tell me where he was going. It's not even fair that he doesn't tell me things but I know if I tell him he doesn't need to worry about where I'm going, my ass will be sore for days.

Oh wait.

I did tell him that which is why I've been hiding out in my backyard for the last 6 hours. He's been blowing up my phone since I left his house this morning but I refuse to answer him.

I know me not answering him is going to make him even more angry but I really don't care. He pissed me off this morning so why not make him pissed off?

That isn't a good idea.

A voice inside my head tells me.

She's probably right.

Not only did I leave his house after telling him not to worry about where I was going but I also haven't been answering any of his messages or calls.

With how little it takes to get him angry, I know I've probably made him livid.

Oh sweet baby Jesus. What have I done?

"Hel-"

"Turn on channel 19."

"Wh-"

I pull the phone away from my ear to see Lukas hung up on me.

What was that about?

I shake my head and get up from my chair. I walk into the house and into the living room to see my grandma sitting on the couch with a margarita in hand and watching The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Typical grandma.

"Hey grandma." I say as I kiss her cheek and sit down on the couch next to her.

"Hi sugar."

"Do you care if I change this real quick?" I asked her.

She shakes her head and takes a sip of her drink. "Not at all."

I change it to channel 19 and almost fall off the couch when I see a picture of Kane on the tv.

"America's well known bachelor, Kane Carter, is tying the knot with an unknown woman this Saturday."

I turn my head to look at grandma to see her eyes wide and looking at the tv. She must feel my eyes on her because she turns her head to look at me.

"Who the hell is Kane?" She asked.

I shrug my shoulders before turning my eyes back to the tv.

"The media has said that Kane and this unknown woman have been together for four years in secret."

Four years with him?

Ha.

It hasn't even been four months yet.

"The only thing we know about Kane's fiancé is that she is a lot younger then him."

"Join us this Saturday to learn more about billionaire Kane Carter's fiancé and their relationship at their wedding. I'm Amy Crawford with Pink News."

Billionaire?

Kane is a fucking billionaire.

When he had dress clothes on this morning and he told me he was going to go run errands. He probably wasn't even going to run errands, he was probably going to a freaking meeting!

Holy shit.

This whole time I've wondered how the hell he was able to afford two houses, a Mercedes-Benz, and a Tiffany engagement ring and him only a teacher.

But wait.

Why in the world would he get a job as a teacher if he is a billionaire?

"He's a fucking billionaire." My grandma says.

I turn my head and see her on her phone.

"Holy shit, pumpkin, he's the CEO of three companies in America!" She gasps.

CEO of three companies?

Oh my goodness.

"Three companies?" I asked her. "Are we even sure this is the same Kane Carter?"

Who am I kidding? Of course this is the same Kane Carter, his freaking picture was on the tv the whole time that Amy lady was talking about him.

Speaking of that Amy lady, how did I not know who he was? Lukas and I use to watch Pink News literally every night together to stay up to date on celebrities.

Lukas.

Does he know about Kane?!

Of course he doesn't.

He would've told me if he did.

But what about everyone he taught at the school the last four years. Do they know who he is?

Do my PARENTS know who he is?

I pull up outside of Kane's house and notice a maroon Jaguar parked next to his Mercedes.

Who the hell is that?

I park my car and grab my bag before getting out. I walk up the porch stairs and go to open the front door but it opens before I get the chance to.

Standing in front of me is Kane and an older looking man.

Kane smiles when he sees me. "Hey baby." He steps out on the porch and kisses my cheek then wraps his arm around my waist.

"Christian, this is my fiancé Amaya." He says. "Baby, this is Christian Montgomery."

He holds his hand out for me to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Amaya."

I shake his extended hand and smile at him. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Mr Montgomery."

He smiles at me then looks at Kane. "Kane, I'll call you later on next week."

He walks off the porch and to his car before Kane can reply back to him. I wait until he's in his car and pulling out of the driveway before I turn to Kane.

"We need to talk."

~~