Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

Amaya

"Thank you." I smile at the waitress as she sits down my coffee onto the table. I take the steaming hot cup into my hands.

It's Tuesday morning, a little after 10. I should be in school but I decided to ditch today because I really didn't want to see Kane.

He's called and texted me countless times since he dropped me off yesterday but I refuse to talk to him.

I look down at the ring on my finger and sigh.

I guess now the one and only thing I can look forward to when it comes to this wedding is finding my perfect dress.

"May I sit?"

I look up and see an elderly woman smiling at me.

I nod. "Sure."

Who is this lady?

Never have I ever had a stranger ask to sit with me.

She puts her purse down first then slides into the booth. "You looked like you needed company."

I smile. "I was okay, but I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy your company."

She waves down a waitress and ask for a cup of coffee and a slice of pie before looking back at me.

Pie at 10 in the morning?

"I seen the way you were looking at that beautiful ring on your finger." She says. "Relationship problem?"

How could she tell I had a problem by just me looking at my ring?

I shake my head before nodding.

"What's the problem?" She asked. "If you don't mind me asking."

I stare at her.

I don't know why but I feel like I can tell her about me being arranged to marry someone and how Kane planned the wedding without me. Why do I feel like this?

"I'm arranged to marry someone." I start. "I'm not excited to marry him but I was so excited to plan my wedding."

She nods. "Go on."

"He told me yesterday he had already planned the whole wedding because he thought I didn't want to help." I tell her. "Who doesn't want to plan their wedding? Forced or not."

"Well, dear, he was very wrong for planning the wedding without you but he might surprise you." She takes a drink of her coffee after the waitress sat it down on the table.

Surprise me?

What does she mean by he might surprise me?

"What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"I mean, he might've planned your dream wedding." She tells me.

I frown. "How could he have done that? I didn't tell him the first thing I wanted at our wedding."

She shrugged. "I don't know, baby, but I have that feeling he's going to surprise you."

"Have you talked to him about it?" She asked me after taking another drink of coffee.

"I did yesterday, but I didn't really give him time to explain himself." I shake my head. "I only gave him time to say he didn't think I'd want to plan it."

"Maybe you should let him explain himself." She tells me.

Should I?

I nod. "Okay, I will."

"Good." She smiles. "I don't think I introduced myself, I'm Mary Carter."

Carter?

As in the same last name as Kane? Are they related?

She holds her hand out for me to shake. "Amaya Ross." I shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you, dear." She smiles.

"It's nice to meet you too." I tell her. "Are you related to Kane Carter?"

"I am." She says. "I'm his grandmother."

"Oh my goodness." I whisper. "Kane is who I'm suppose to marry."

Her eyes widen and she puts her hand over her mouth. "I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you!"

I smile. "It's okay."

Mary told me I should let Kane explain himself but I still have yet to talk to him until now.

It's 11 o'clock at night and here I am standing in front of Kane's house in a pair of shorts, Lukas's hoodie, and my house-shoes.

I tried to go to sleep but I couldn't. I kept thinking about why Kane decided to plan our wedding without me and I'm here to ask.

I sigh and knock on the door.

The light downstairs turns on and I hear the lock being turned. The door opens and I suck in a breathe when I see Kane.

Standing in front of me is a shirtless and very toned Kane. His sweatpants hang loosely on his hips showing off the top of his Calvin Klein boxers.

I move my eyes all across his abs.

I want to touch them.

I shake my head and look up to see Kane smirking at me.

"I know it's late but can we talk?" I asked him.

He nods his head and opens the door wider. "Of course."

I walk in and he closes the door behind us.

"What do you want to talk about?"

I turn around and face him. "Why did you plan our wedding without me?"

"You don't want to marry me so I just thought you wouldn't want to be part of planning the wedding." He sighs. "I'm so sorry, Amaya."

I look down at the floor and don't reply.

I feel Kane put his hand under my chin and bring my face up till my eyes meet his. "You have no idea, how sorry I am."

"Is there anything I can plan?" I whisper.

He shakes his head. "I'm afraid not."

"Of course there isn't."

~~