Chapter 12

Amaya

"Hey bitch!"

"Hey!" I yell as I slide into the backseat of Brendon's BMW.

Kane fell asleep on my bed so I took that as an opportunity of getting ready and leaving before he woke up. I'm pretty sure that's the fastest I've ever gotten ready in my life but I was afraid he would wake up in the middle of me getting ready.

Dad texted me and told me him and mom were going on into Los Angeles to spend the night. I just said okay because I honestly do not care.

Now the only person I have to worry about finding out I went to the party is Kane and I know when he finds out, he's going to be livid.

Why am I even worried about him?

I shake my head.

We pull in front of a huge white house. Red plastic cups are thrown all over the yard and couples are making out against the house.

We get out of the car and make our way inside. When we get inside the house I have to stop myself from covering my ears and nose because of how loud the music is and the strong scent of alcohol.

I've went to a bunch of party's in the four years I've been in high school but I don't think I'll ever get use to how loud the music is or how bad the scent of alcohol is.

"We're going to get a drink!" Brendon yells over the music.

"Okay!"

I let my eyes wonder over everyone until they fall on a girl who looks way too young to be here. She has to be at least 14 or 15.

My eyes widen as I see a guy hand her a red solo cup, I push my way through people and over to her. I knock the cup out of her hand when she goes to take a drink.

She looks at the cup spilt on the floor with her mouth open before she looks up at me angrily. "What the heck!"

"I'm sorry but is this your first party?" I asked her.

She crosses her arms and glares at me. "Yeah so!"

"Well here's a little tip from girl to girl, never and I mean never take a drink from someone you don't know." I warn her. "That's how girls get roofied."

Her eyes soften. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I smile. "Did you come alone?"

"No." Her eyes leave mine as she looks around at everyone. "My friends left me as soon as we got here."

"Well you can stay with me if you'd like." I tell her.

"I'd love to." She smiles at me.

"I'm Amaya Ross." I hold my hand out for her to shake.

"Megan Grove." She shakes my hand. "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise." I smile.

I feel my phone repeatedly buzz in my pocket. I take it out and see a 4 messages from Kane.

Where are you? -K

Don't even answer that I know you're at that party! -K

I told you, you was not going and you went anyway! -K

You're in so much trouble when I get there! -K

I sigh and put my phone back in my pocket. I look up and see Megan frowning at me.

"Everything ok?" She asked.

I nod my head. "Of course."

Not.

I'm so dead.

"You didn't do that." I laugh.

"Oh I did." Megan laughs.

I've had such a fun night just talking to Megan. It turns I was right, she is only 14 and she's a freshman at a high school about an hour and a half from the school I go to.

Her phone dings and she takes it out of her pocket. She sighs as she puts her phone back in her pocket.

"My brother is here." She tells me.

"I'll walk you out to him." I smile.

I hold the front door open for her and walk out behind her, shutting it behind me.

I see a tall dirty blonde headed guy leaning against a red Camaro playing on his phone.

"Hey Zachary."

The guy looks up at Megan and scoffs. "You have no idea how pissed mom and dad are at you, Megan."

"I have an idea." She turns her head and smiles at me. ""I'll see you around Amaya."

"If you ever need anything, come find me okay?" I smile at her.

"Okay." She opens the car door and gets inside.

I look away from her and see her brother glaring at me. "Stay away from my sister. I don't need her turning into a North Ridge whore."

He gets into the driver seat and drives off.

A North Ridge whore?

How did he even know I went to North Ridge and is that what they call us?

I get knocked out of my thoughts when my arm gets roughly grabbed. I turn my head and lock eyes with Kane's.

"Let's go." He growls. He starts pulling me toward his car. When we get to his car, he opens the passenger side door and shoves me inside then slams it shut.

"What the fuck did I tell you?" He yells after he pulls out on the road.

I stay silent and look out the window.

"Hello!"

I jump and look over at him. "I-I'm sorry."

"What the fuck did I tell you?" He yells again.

"You told me I couldn't go." I whisper.

"And what did you do?" He asked. He grips the steering wheel so tight his knuckles start to turn white.

"I went." I sigh.

~~