Chapter 35

Chapter Thirty-Five

Amaya

"Don't talk to anyone you don't know and if you need anything, call me." Kane tells me as he ties his tie. "And don't leave Antonio."

I roll my eyes and continue looking out the balcony doors without replying. He's been going on for thirty minutes about things I can and can't do while I'm in town.

He grabs my arm and turns me around so I'm looking at him. He glares at me. "Are you listening to me?"

"Yes, Kane, I'm listening." I say. "You're sounding more like my father then my husband!"

"Don't get an attitude with me, Amaya, or it won't be pretty." He demands.

I yank my arm out of his hold. "I will get an attitude with you because it's the second day of our honeymoon and you're leaving me."

"Do you think I'd leave you if I had a choice?"

"You do have a choice, Kane, you're the boss!" I yell. "You can cancel the meeting!"

He grips my chin, making me look at him. "Lose the fucking attitude, Amaya, and I'm not canceling the meeting just because it's our honeymoon."

"We only came to Puerto Rico for you to get a business deal, not because it's been my dream place to go."

A few seconds go by without him saying anything, I know he's not going to because I'm right. I should've known. Kane don't ever do anything nice for someone unless there's a catch.

"Wow." I laugh. "I'm right, aren't I?"

I step away from him and shake my head as tears build up in my eyes. "Don't worry, I won't talk to anyone while I'm in town."

I leave him standing there and walk into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I lean against it and close my eyes as a tear slides down my cheek.

It's literally day two of our honeymoon and he's already left me to do business. What could possibly be more important in that meeting then our honeymoon?

I know honeymoons aren't that important because most people don't even go one after their wedding, but it's important to me. Aren't you supposed to spend time together as newly weds?

I open my eyes as I hear a knock on the bathroom door.

"Mrs. Carter?"

I breath out a sigh of relief that it's Antonio and not Kane. I open the bathroom door to see him standing there. He slightly bows his head and smiles at me.

"Good morning, dear, are you ready to go to town?" He asked.

I smile at him and nod my head.

My heels click against the concrete as Antonio and I walk through town. Antonio and I have spent the morning shopping mostly, he carries about five shopping backs in his hands while I only carry two.

Although I've enjoyed my morning shopping, shopping was the last thing on my mind when I found out we were in Puerto Rico. We should be site seeing or going to a museum, not shopping.

"It's only day two, you have plenty of time to site see and go to museums." I thought.

That's true. Maybe we can go to a museum tomorrow.

"We should be heading back to the house, Mrs. Carter."

I stop walking and turn my head to look at Antonio.

Head back to the house? Now? We've only been shopping for like three hours. It's not even two o'clock yet.

"What? I don't want to go back yet." I say.

He gives me a sad smile. "I'm sorry, dear, but Mr Carter told me to have you back before two-thirty."

I cross my arms over my chest and shake my head. "I'm not going back right now, Kane isn't even home so why does he care what time I'm back?"

"Very well, Mrs. Carter."

Antonio clears his throat and takes his phone out of his pocket. I roll my eyes when I see him put the phone to his ear.

Great. He's ratting me out to Kane.

"We can go back." I tell him.

I hate how easy it is for me to give in as soon as Kane is mentioned, but he's already mad at me enough today. I don't need Antonio calling him and telling him I refuse to go back to the house, that will just make him even more angry and I really don't want my ass spanked today.

I see a faint smirk on Antonio's face as he grabs the shopping bags out of my hands to put them in the car. I glare at him.

He finds it funny because I gave in so easily when he got on the phone with Kane.

Asshole.

I lay on a beach chair on the balcony in my bikini sunbathing. It's been four hours since Antonio and I came back to the house and I expected Kane to be here since he was in such a rush for me to get back.

But after looking around the house, it turned out he wasn't home just yet. I don't know if I'm relieved or angry that he isn't. I'm little relieved because I don't wanna see him after learning the real reason we came to Puerto Rico this morning but then again, I'm angry because he made me come back to an empty house after only being in town for three hours.

I open my eyes and sit up while taking off my sunglasses when I hear someone clear their throat. I roll my eyes as I see Kane leaning against the doorway.

Here we go.

~~