Chapter 10

Amaya

"Where did you run off to last night?" Lukas asked as he takes a bite out of his cheeseburger.

"The hotel." I tell him.

I dip a chicken tender in Ketchup and put it in my mouth. I wipe my hands on a napkin Lily hands to me.

"Why did you leave so early?" Lily whines. "It wasn't even midnight!"

I look at her funny. "It was after 1."

"Oh."

She shrugs her shoulders and leans into Adam.

"Oh my goodness." She squeals. "Look at that hottie."

She bites her lip and pulls down her tank top a little.

I look at everyone around the table to see them staring at her with wide eyes. Her boyfriend is sitting right next to her and she really just said that about another guy and pulled down her shirt?

I turn around and see Kane standing at the entrance typing on his phone. He must have felt my eyes on him because he looks up at me. He smiles at me and starts walking over to me.

I turn back around just in time to see Lily's eyes widen as she squeals again.

"Omg he's coming over here!"

She takes out her phone and looks into it as she applies lipstick. She puckers her lips and puts her phone and lipstick away.

I feel a kiss being planted on my cheek and a voice whisper in my ear. "Hey baby."

I smile at him as he sits down in the chair next to me. I turn my head to look at Lily to see her looking at me in surprise.

"Lily, Adam, this is my fiancé Kane." I tell them.

"Well damn girl!" Lily smiles at me. "If I would've known this hottie was yours, I wouldn't have been making googly eyes at him."

I stare at her blankly. "Your boyfriend is sitting next to you, either way you shouldn't have been making googly eyes at him."

The guys let out a laugh but quickly cover it as a cough as Lily sends them a glare.

"We have an open relationship." She shrugged.

Adams head turns toward her so fast I thought he might have whiplash. "Like hell we do."

She looks at him confused. "We're not in an open relationship?"

"No!" Adam yells.

I think it's time for us to go..

"We're going to go." I tell them.

They continue arguing with each other which tells me they didn't hear me. I stand up and grab my purse off the chair as Lukas, Brendon, and Kane all stand up also.

We walk out of the diner and into the street.

"What time are we leaving?" I ask Lukas.

"11." Brendon tells me.

"11!" I shake my head. "It's 10:30! 30 minutes is not enough time for me to find a cute dress for graduation."

"I'm sorry." Brendon says. "I have to work at 7, that's why we're leaving so early."

"Ride home with Mr Carter."

That's actually not a bad idea. I know I'll probably regret it in about an hour or so but at least I'll have a super cute dress for graduation.

I turn my head to look at Kane to see him typing away on his phone as usual. I roll my eyes.

"Kane."

His eyes shoot up to meet mine. He smiles and puts his phone in his back pocket. "Yes?"

"Can I ride home with you please?" I asked him.

"Of course." He smiles widely at me.

Lukas and Brendon just left leaving me with Kane. We got my stuff from the hotel and put it in Kane's car and we are now walking around inside a store.

I look around at all the colors of dresses in the store when my eyes land on a light blue long sleeve dress. It has ruffles at the end of each sleeve and at the bottom of the dress.

It's the perfect dress for graduation.

I feel arms wrap around my waist.

"That dress would look beautiful on you." Kane whispers in my ear.

"I love it."

I run my fingers over the fabric. I look up from the dress to see one of the sales lady smiling at me. She starts walking over to me.

"Did we find a dress finally?"

I nod and smile. "We did."

"This is unfortunately the only size we have left in this dress. Would you like to try it on?" She asked.

"Yes please." I smile at her.

She gets the dress off the rack and leads me to the dressing room. She unlocks the door to the dressing room and hangs the dress on the hook.

"If you need any help just yell." She closes the door behind her.

I take off my clothes and shoes and take the dress off the rack. I slowly slide the dress over my body.

I gasp as I see myself in the mirror.

The dress fits me perfect.

I look at myself in the mirror for a few seconds debating whether or not I want to let Kane and the sales lady see the dress on me.

I shake my head and take the dress off.

As long as I know I look good in it, I don't need to let anyone else see it before I buy it.

I put my clothes and shoes back on and then put the dress back on the hanger. As I'm putting the dress on the hanger I catch a glimpse of the price tag, I pick it up and my eyes widen.

650 dollars for a dress as simple as this!

Oh hell no.

I walk out of the dressing room with the dress in my hand. I smile at the sales lady as I hand the dress to her.

"I don't want this anymore." I tell her.

She frowns at me. "Why not? I'm sure it looked beautiful on you."

I open my mouth to say something but Kane cuts me off.

"I'll buy it for you." He tells me. I look up at him and notice the dress in his hands. "You don't want the dress anymore because of the price so I'll buy it for you."

"It's way too expensive."

He smiles. "Think of it as one of your early graduation presents."

Graduation presents? That's a thing?

"Graduation?" The sales lady ask.

I nod.

"What university are you graduating from?" She wondered.

She thinks I'm in college?

I smirk.

"Stanford."

She squeals. "My grandson graduated from Stanford last year!"

She grabs the dress out of Kane's hands and basically runs to the register.

"I'll give you my employee discount sweetie."

After her employee discount the dress ended up being 350 dollars instead of 650. This woman gets one hell of a discount.

Kane swipes his credit card as she hands me the bag. She hands Kane his receipt and smiles widely at us.

"Congratulations on graduation and you getting married!"

"How do you-"

She cuts me off. "Honey anyone can see that ring from a mile away."

I'm really wishing Kane got a simple ring and not a 'rock.'

~~