Chapter 40

Chapter Forty

Five years later.

Amaya

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked Kane for the third time.

"You're so impatient." He sighs.

I giggle and try to remove his hands from my eyes. "I just don't like surprises, you should know this by now."

He presses his hands harder over my eyes before he responds. "I know you don't, but you're going to love this one."

I gasp as he suddenly removes his hands away from my eyes. I cover my mouth as tears build up in my eyes.

Rose petals and tea-light candles are decorated on the beach in the shape of a heart and the words "marry me" with a question mark above it.

My dream proposal.

I allow my eyes to look over the decorations with a smile on my face before looking at Kane. My smile gets even bigger when I notice he's moved from his space beside me to in front of me and he's now on one knee.

I carefully walk toward him in the sand while holding the bottom of my dress so I don't trip in the sand.

I would rather not ruin this moment by me tripping and face planting in the sand. I don't think that would be pretty.

He takes my left hand when I get in front of him and smiles at me. "Amaya Jane Carter, will you marry me, again?"

I laugh as tears roll down my cheeks. "Yes! Of course I will."

He slides the diamond ring he gave me when I was eighteen off my finger and replaces it with a gold emerald cut ring.

I wrap my arms around his neck after he stands up and connect my lips with his. I pull away after a few seconds and rest my forehead against his.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

And it's true. I also couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life being HIS.

~~