Chapter 37

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Amaya

"Did you always want to take over your family's company?" I asked Kane as my head lays on his shoulder and his arm is wrapped around me while some random movie plays on the TV.

After we got back from dinner, he wanted to go swimming but I was tired and my ass was sore from earlier so we decided to change into comfy clothes and watch movies for the rest of the night instead.

"No." He sighs. "My father forced me to."

I pull away from him and look at him. "Really?"

He nods his head. "I wanted to study law but my father didn't allow me to."

I frown.

Didn't allow him to?

I thought most parents encouraged their kids to follow their dreams? Well not my parents but MOST parents.

"Why couldn't your sister take over since you didn't want to?" I asked.

I move my body around so my legs are on either side of him. He wraps his arm back around my waist and pulls me closer.

"My father is a very sexist man and he thinks women should not own or run a company."

I already didn't like his father but I sure as hell don't like him now.

"Do you enjoy being CEO now? Even though you didn't want to be at first."

"I do." He says. "I've not only opened three more companies but I also have clients all over the world. I've done more for this company then my father can ever say he's done."

I rub my thumb over his cheek. "You sound like an amazing CEO."

He moves his head and kisses the inside of my palm. "I like to think I am."

The next morning I wake up at a little after eight and get dressed in my bathing suit after brushing my teeth and pulling my hair up.

Today's our last day in Puerto Rico so I want to spend the day laying out on the beach and swimming.

Don't get me wrong, I can lay out on the beach and swim anytime I want to since I am from California, but there's just something about being on a beach you don't see everyday.

The sand feels softer and the water looks more blue. I just feel so much more content on this beach then I've ever felt in Malibu.

I sigh as I feel the warm sun on my skin as I stand at the edge of shore and allow the warm water to rush over my feet.

I close my eyes as I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. "Good morning, baby, you're out early." Kane whispers in my ear.

I open my eyes and turn myself around in his arms so I can see him. "It's our last day, I want to make the most of it." I tell him.

He leans down and places a kiss on my cheek. "We can come back anytime you want to."

I raise my eyebrows. "Seriously?"

He nods. "This house is ours." He gestures behind us to the house we've been staying in for the past two weeks.

Ours?

Oh my gosh!

We have a house in Puerto Rico and we can come stay in it anytime we want?!

Wait.

Did he buy this house all because of us honeymooning here?

"When did you buy it?" I asked.

"The night of your graduation when I asked you to come over because we needed to talk."

I frown.

When I got to his house that night and I walked in his office to him on the phone with someone, that must've been the person he bought it from.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted it to be a surprise." He shrugs. "Enough talking."

I squeal as he picks me up bridal style and starts running toward the ocean.

"Kane, no!"

I don't have time to say anything else before we're both submerged into the warm water. I laugh and lightly slap his chest as I bring my head back above water.

"That wasn't funny!"

"Really?" He chuckles. "Is that why you're laughing?"

I shake my head as another laugh escapes my lips. I look up to see Kane staring at me with a small smile on his lips.

I lean up and place my lips on his in a soft kiss. I was apparently too soft because a few seconds go by before Kane roughly puts his hand in my hair and pulls it a little making me gasp.

He takes that opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. I jump up in his arms and wrap my legs around his waist and curl my fingers into his hair as my tongue starts to fight for dominance with his.

He pulls me closer to his body and slowly starts grinding his hips against mine. I moan against his lips as he grinds harder.

I pull away from his lips and rest my forehead against his chest as I feel myself getting close. My breathing gets heavier and my moans get louder when I finally come.

I swallow hard and raise my head to look at him through my eyelashes. He kisses my neck. "That's my good girl."

~~