Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four

Amaya

I feel arms wrap around my waist. "Oh, Princess, I'm so sorry."

"It's ok."

It's definitely not ok. I worked all summer last year to pay for this phone and now here it is completely shattered. I don't have the money to pay for another one!

"It's not ok." He turns me around in his arms and takes my face in his hands. "I'll buy you a new one."

"It's real-"

He cuts me off. "Hush. I'm buying you a new one."

I sigh. "Okay.

He smiles and kisses my forehead. "Good girl."

After I grabbed my things from the guest bedroom at Kane's house, he drove me to my house. He told me to put me on some clean clothes because he was taking me to breakfast and then to the mall to get me a new phone.

So now here we are in the parking lot of a diner called Grandma's Kitchen where we are about to have breakfast.

Kane had asked me what I wanted and I told him I didn't mind. He told me he knew a really good restaurant and they served the best breakfast in town.

I hope he's right because I'm starving.

I smile and thank Kane as he holds the diner door open for me, allowing me to walk in first with him close behind me.

The bell on top of the door makes a few of the employees heads turn in our direction. I couldn't help but notice the looks they were giving Kane. I notice one in particular bite her lip and pull down her uniform until you could see her cleavage.

I roll my eyes.

Thirsty hoe.

I follow Kane to a booth and he sits down on one side while I sit down on the other

. He grabs two menus out of the basket at the end of the table and hands me one.

"Thank you." I smile at him. I open the menu and read over the names of all the breakfast foods. I can feel my mouth water as my eyes stop on the pancake section of the menu.

"What are you getting?" I asked Kane. I look up from the menu and see him staring at me with his arms crossed. "What?"

He shakes his head. "Nothing."

"What is it?"

"You just look beautiful when you're concentrated on something." He tells me.

I laugh as I feel my face turn red. "Thank you."

He opens his mouth to say something but gets cut off by the waitress I seen when we first walked in. "Welcome to Grandma's Kitchen! What can I get you?"

"I'll have Grandma's favorite with coffee, black." Kane tells her.

Her smile turns to a glare when she turns her head to me. "And for you?"

"Blueberry pancakes with a water please."

"I'll be right back with your order." She winks at Kane and walks off.

I stare at her as she walks off.

Why do women like her do that?

They see a man with a woman but they still feel the need to wink or flirt with him. I mean sure, the woman he is with could be his sister, daughter, or mother, but still. Don't do it if you're not sure who the woman is to him.

It could be his girlfriend, fiancé, or wife. If she is any of those three then it would be very disrespectful.

A plate being sat in front of me breaks me out of my thoughts. I look up to see the waitress giving Kane a flirty smile.

"If you need anything else, just call." She winks at him again.

I glare at her as she walks away.

Someone likes Kane, someone likes Kane!

A voice inside my head sings.

I roll my eyes.

I do not like Kane!

If you don't like him then why are you glaring at her?

That's a really good point.

Why am I glaring at her?

I don't like Kane.

Do I..?

No.

I don't like him. I refuse to let myself like a man that is forcing me to marry him.

"No, Kane, I don't want that one. It's too expensive!" I whine.

We've been arguing for 10 minutes while standing in the middle of the Apple store about him buying me one of the most expensive phones in the store. I told him no but he obviously don't like being told no.

"Well baby I'm buying it, end of story." He winks and walks over to the register, where one of the workers are waiting with the phone in their hand.

I stay standing in the middle of the store and look over at Kane as he hands his card to the worker.

How can he buy such expensive things?

He's only a teacher.

He lives in a 5 bedroom house, drives a Mercedes- Benz, has another house in Colorado, and he bought me an engagement ring that I know wasn't cheap.

There's no way he's only a teacher.

How could he afford all that and him only a teacher?

"Ready, baby?"

I nod. "Yeah."

He grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers together and pulls me out of the store.

We walk through the mall in silent until he breaks it.

"Where do you want to go for our honeymoon?" He asked.

Thought he had already planned everything?

I turn my head to look at him before looking back in front of me.

"You mean to tell me you didn't plan that too." I say.

I hear him sigh. "No."

"Shocking."

~~