Chapter 32

Chapter Thirty-Two

Amaya

"Allow me too present, Mr and Mrs Carter!"

Kane and I walk hand in hand into the reception hall where everyone came to after the ceremony. Kane pulls us over to our table and pulls my chair out for me then pushes it back in once I'm sitting.

He leans down and places a kisses on my lips. "I'll be right back."

"Okay." I smile.

I watch him as he walks over to a group of men before turning my attention on everyone else. Some people are standing in line waiting to get food, while others are happily talking and drinking.

"Bitch, look who's here."

I jump and turn around to see Lukas sitting in Kane's chair with his eyes widen.

"What?" I asked. I turn my head toward the door and my eyes widen when I see who just walked in.

"Zoe."

"And Damon Crawford." Lukas says.

I look at the person next to her and sure enough, that's exactly who it is.

Damon Crawford.

Damon is a 40 year old billionaire from Palm Springs. He was on the Bachelor a few years ago, that's how Lukas and I know who he is. Well that and he's the third most richest man in America.

"Who invited them?" I asked.

"I have no idea because I helped with the guest list and they were not on it." Lukas says.

I look at him in confusion.

What does he mean he helped with the guest list?

You know what, we'll come back to that later.

I shake my head and stand up from my seat at the same time Lukas does.

"Let's go welcome them."

We both start walking in their direction but Kane steps in our paths and blocks it.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

I smile. "To welcome some of our guest of course."

I step around him and continue walking toward them before he can reply. By the time Lukas and I are in front of them, Kane appears at my side.

"Zoe, it's so good to see you." I say with a smile.

She fake smiles. "Amaya. I wish I could say the same."

The smile drops off my face.

You wish?

I haven't seen her since sophomore year and she's saying how it isn't good to see me?

Okay.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I was invited, silly." She laughs.

"No you weren't." Lukas scoffs.

"I don't know why you two are being so bitter to me." she says. "We are all best friends after all"

I don't know what's funnier, her thinking were all still best friends or the fact she thinks were being bitter.

Lukas and I look at each other and laugh. "We all stopped being best friends the day you chose dick over us."

She gasps. "Excuse me? I did not choose dick over you two."

Kane wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me into his side as Lukas and Zoe start arguing with each other.

"Enough." Kane demands.

Lukas jumps back in fright while Zoe stares at Kane like he's her last meal. She smiles innocently and starts battling her eyelashes at him.

Do I punch her now or later?

"Hello, Kane, it's wonderful to see you again." She says while twirling a piece of her hair.

"It's Mr Carter to you."

She scoffs and looks at Damon who's been quiet this whole time. "Will you go get me a drink pretty please?"

"Of course, baby." He says. He kisses the side of her head and looks at Kane and I. "Mr Carter, would you care to join me for a drink?"

"Sure, one drink won't hurt." He tells him. He pecks my lips.

I watch as him and Damon walk toward the bar while Lukas tries to find Brendon. I turn my head to look at Zoe to see her glaring at me.

"What are you really doing here, Zoe?" I asked.

"I'll tell you why I'm here." She says with a smirk. "That new hubby of yours is mine, he's been mine since the first day of freshman year when I laid my eyes on him."

"So here's what you're going to do, you're going to leave, fall off the face of the earth or whatever, I don't care. You're just going to leave and not have contact with anyone, including Lukas, and if you do have contact with them, well you might just get into a little accident."

Does she really think she scares me?

I laugh.

"I think you've forgotten that I'm now the wife of billion dollar man which means you shouldn't be threatening me because if anyone were to get into an accident, it would be you." I walk closer to her until we're eye to eye and whisper, "a sugar baby."

Her eyes go wide as she gasps. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, Zoe, you didn't think I'd look up on you when you left out of the blue?" I asked. "You didn't leave because you fell in love with an older man, you left because you were a sugar baby to one and Courtney Stevens found out about it and you were embarrassed."

Junior year when Zoe just packed up and left, Lukas and I tried our hardest to find out why she left. We asked her parents, teachers, and even her neighbors but no one knew, except Courtney.

Courtney Stevens was a year below all of us. She was a very shy and quiet girl until everyone found out she was the daughter of one of the biggest CEOs in New York.

Her father was Zoe's very first sugar daddy. Courtney walked in on them doing the dirty one night and that's when she found out all about her dads sugar babies.

Courtney didn't tell anyone besides Lukas and I because she knew we were best friends with her but Zoe thought she was going to tell everyone and that's why she left.

I see tears build up in Zoe's eyes as I take a step back away from her.

"I'm not judging you for having a sugar daddy, Zoe." I reassure her. "But I am judging you for thinking you can come here and threaten me into leaving my husband."

She balls her fist at her sides. "But you don't even love him and I do!"

"How do you know I don't love him?"

~~