Chapter 34

Chapter Thirty-Four

Amaya

I stick the tube of mascara back in my make up bag and look at myself in the mirror. I rub my lips together and smile.

It's about an hour before we land where Kane and I will be spending a two weeks at for our honeymoon. He woke me up and handed me a bag of clothes and told me to change into them.

I stand back from the mirror and look at my outfit. I'm wearing a mid-thigh length white spaghetti strapped dress with a pair of nude strappy sandals.

At least I have a husband that has style.

I turn off the bathroom light and walk back out into the main sitting area of the plane. Kane is sitting in the same chair he has been the whole plane ride but now he's wearing a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a pair of navy blue shorts.

I walk over to the chair next to Kane and sit done then buckle my seat belt. I turn my head to look at him to see him already staring at me.

"What?"

He smiles. "You're beautiful."

I feel my face turn read. "Thank you."

I look around the house we'll be staying at for our honeymoon with a smile on my face. I found out on the car ride to the house that Lukas helped Kane plan this trip. He mentioned to Kane how much I wanted to go to Puerto Rico.

I don't think I give Lukas enough credit for everything he's ever done for me. He's done a lot for me in the five years we've been friends. He's saved me from perverted guys at parties, helped me sneak out of my house when my parents were bitching at me, let me copy his school work when I had no clue what was going on so I wouldn't fail, but most importantly, he helped make what I thought was a nightmare into a dream.

I close my eyes as I feel tears build up in them.

He got Valerie Goodwin to make my dream wedding dress.

He helped Kane plan my dream wedding.

He told Kane about my dream place to go.

I don't deserve Lukas. I don't deserve him at all!

I open my eyes to see Kane standing in front of me. A tear slips down my cheek.

Kane takes his thumb and wipes the tear away before cupping my cheeks. "What's wrong, baby?"

"Nothing." I reassure him. "Absolutely nothing."

I wipe away my tears and step away from him. "I'm going to go call Lukas real quick."

"Okay, baby." He says after he kisses my cheek. "I'll make us lunch. Anything special you want?"

I smile. "Surprise me."

I grab my phone from the kitchen island and walk out the back door leading to the balcony. I sit down on the stairs and press Lukas's contact name.

"What the fuck are you doing calling me while on your honeymoon?" Lukas screams into the phone.

"Can I not call my best friend and tell him I've made it to my honeymoon?" I asked. "The honeymoon he helped plan?"

The phone goes silent before he responds, "What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about." I say. "You helped plan everything."

"I can't believe he told you. He wasn't supposed to."

"Kane only told me about you helping with our honeymoon, I figured everything else out on my own." I tell him. "Regardless of who told me, thank you so much."

"Don't thank me, Mya, that's what best friends are for." He says. "Plus I know you're going to help Brendon and I with our wedding so it was only fair if I helped with yours."

"I guess your right." I laugh. "I can't wait to help plan yours!"

I turn around as I hear the door open to see Kane stepping outside with a glass in his hand. He leans against the door frame and smiles at me.

"I got to go, Lukas, I'll call you soon."

After he tells me he loves me and screams at me not to call him anymore while I'm on my honeymoon, he hangs up. I stand up from the stairs and walk over to Kane.

He takes a sip of his drink then wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and smile at him.

"What are we having for lunch?" I asked.

"Tacos." He smirks.

Tacos?!

I've been craving tacos for a week!

I squeal. "Let's go eat!"

~~