Chapter 20

Chapter Twenty

Amaya

Lukas, Brendon, and I are all still sitting in the restaurant talking.

We've all been here for over 2 hours just talking and laughing about literally everything. I didn't want to leave, I was having a good time just sitting here talking with them.

It's hard to believe we're graduated and will be going off to college in just a few months. It feels like yesterday we were starting middle school and look at us now.

"It's crazy that were officially finished with high school." I say after a few minutes.

"It's crazy I've been out of high school 6 years." Brendon shakes his head and takes a drink of his beer.

6 years?

Damn.

I sometimes forget he's much older than Lukas and I. He's only older by 7 years but still.

"Damn, really?" My eyes widen.

He hums and looks at his watch." Yep. You two ready to go? I have to get to work."

"Yeah."

I feel my phone buzz and I look down at it to see a text message from Kane.

Have Lukas drop you off at my house. We need to talk. -K

I send back okay and put my phone in my purse.

I wonder what he needs to talk about.

I take a twenty out of my purse and lay it on the table before standing up. Lukas and Brendon soon follow after putting money on the table too.

"Can you drop me off at Kane's please?" I asked.

"Why?" Brendon asked as he unlocks the car.

"He said he needs to talk about something." I tell them. "I don't know."

I buckle my seat belt as he pulls out of the parking lot.

"Kane!" I yell. "Are you home?"

I stood at the front door after I knocked twice for 10 minutes before I finally tried the door to see if it was unlocked it and it was, so I let myself in.

Now here I am trying to find Kane. His door being unlocked automatically tells me he's here, I just don't know where he is.

I walk down the hallway toward his office and as I get closer, I can faintly hear the sound of Kane's voice.

I stand outside his office door for a few minutes debating whether or not I need to knock. I shrug and walk on in.

I close the door behind me and see Kane with his phone to his ear and writing something down. He looks up and smiles when he sees me and holds his finger up.

"Thank you, Mr Bradshaw, I'll be in touch soon." He hangs the phone up and sits it on his desk. He scoots his chair back and gestures with his hand for me to come to him.

I walk behind his desk and stand next to him. He sighs and pulls me onto his lap.

"How was lunch?" He asked me after he turns my body around so I'm straddling him. He wraps his arms around my waist.

"Good." I tell him. "What did you need to talk about?"

He pulls me closer to him. "Nothing. I just wanted to spend some time with you."

I raise an eyebrow.

He don't need to talk about anything? He just wanted to spend time with me?

I wrap my arms around his neck. "You asked me to come over just because you wanted to spend time with me?"

He smiles. "Maybe."

I smile and lean my head on his chest.

Colorado.

I leave for Colorado tomorrow morning.

Sitting here with Kane just made me remember that. How in the world did I forget something like that? I'm seeing my grandparents for the first time in a year!

But wait..

Kane told me I wasn't allowed to go because of the wedding, but the wedding is 3 weeks away. That's plenty enough time for me to go to Denver and be back in time for the wedding.

I raise my head away from his chest and look at him with a frown.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I tuck a piece of my hair behind my eye. "I'm still leaving to go to Denver tomorrow."

He clenches his jaw and his grip on my waist tightens. "No you're not."

"Yes I am." I glare at him.

"You're not going, Amaya, and thats final." He growls.

"You can't tell me where I can and cannot go, Kane!" I exclaimed.

"Oh but I can."

He roughly grabs my chin and brings my face closer to his. "If I find out you went to Denver it's not going to be pretty, so be a good girl and stay here."

~~