Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Amaya

"What about?" He asked as we walk into the kitchen.

He grabs a beer and opens it after handing me a bottle of water. I take it and sit down on one of the many bar stools.

"You're the CEO of three companies." I tell him.

His eyes widen. "How did you find out?"

"It doesn't matter how I found out, Kane." I exclaimed.

"It does matter because I want to know who the hell told you this." He yells. "Was it your parents?"

My eyes widen.

My parents knew?!

"My parents? No!" I yell. "Reality news, Kane! That's how I found out."

He goes silent and just stares at me.

"You're apparently so well known in America that everyone knows who you are besides me." I tell him.

"Do you know how I felt to find out that the man I'm about to marry is CEO of three different companies and he didn't even tell me?"

He walks in front of me and places his hands on either sides of my face. "I don't, baby, and I'm so sorry."

"I wish you would've told me instead of me finding it out myself."

"I know." He says. "I should've told you."

"Yeah, you should've." I tell him.

He runs his thumb against my cheek. "Do you want to know anything while we're on this topic?"

I nod. "Why were you a teacher?"

He sighs and let's go of my face. He sits down on the bar stool next to me and grabs my hands. "I needed a break from my companies so I took what was suppose to be a six month vacation and left my assistant in charge."

"I got bored out of my mind the first few weeks I was here and I seen where the local high school needed a history teacher so I decided to get a temporary job." He explains. "Soon six months turned into four years when your parents asked me to marry you."

"I knew I couldn't leave my companies for my assistant to run for that long so I went every other weekend to do paperwork and other things."

"Why did you stay here? You had three years before I turned eighteen." I asked him. "You could've went back and ran your companies yourself."

He shakes his head. "I didn't want to do that."

"Why not?"

He leans his face closer to mine and whispers, "because I wanted to make sure no one touched what was mine."

"And what's yours?" I asked him as I lean my face close to his.

"You." He growls.

He grabs the back of my neck and slams his lips onto mine. I gasp out of shock and that gives him the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth.

I moan and wrap my arms around his neck bringing him closer to me. His hands slide down my body and rest on my hips as our tongues massage together and fight against dominance.

I pull away after a few minutes and rest my forehead against his with my eyes still closed.

How did us having a conversation turn into us making out?

I don't know but I know you don't regret it.

A voice inside my head tells me.

As much as I don't want to agree with that voice, I don't regret it.

I've regretted every time Kane and I have kissed but this time, I for some odd reason don't.

I open my eyes when I feel him place a kiss on my cheek.

"Will you let me take you to dinner tonight?" He asked.

I smiled widely at him. "Only if I get to pick where we go."

I had plans to get ready at my house and have Kane pick me up but as soon as I walked through the door, mom started yelling at me over who knows what. So I packed up some clothes, my toiletries, and make up and came back to Kane's house.

I stand in front of the mirror reapplying my red lipstick for the third time. I've put it on then wiped it back off with a make up wipe. I'm not use to changing up my lipstick but I bought this ruby red colored lipstick a while back and I finally wanted to try it and I thought it would look perfect with this outfit. I'm not so sure though.

I'm wearing a tan spaghetti strapped dress that stops at mid-thigh with a pair of tan open toe heels. I'm also wearing a pair of gold dangly earrings.

I sit down the tube of lipstick on the dresser and step back so I can see my dress in the mirror. I run my fingers over it and frown.

I don't like it.

"Should I change?" I asked myself. "Yeah, I should."

I start walking toward my bag that is on Kane's bed but a voice stops me.

"Don't you dare."

I look up and see Kane standing at the bedroom door with his arms crossed. He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm not about to let you change out of this amazing dress." He says. "You look beautiful."

I feel my cheeks grow red. "Thank you."

He leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips before pulling away and smiling at me. "Don't thank me, you'll be hearing that a lot."

~~