Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-One

Amaya

It's been a week.

A week since I graduated.

A week since I last talked to Kane.

A week since I should've left for Colorado.

I ended up not going to Colorado. I feared too much on what Kane would do to me if I went so I didn't go.

My grandparents were pretty upset about me not coming to visit them but grandpa said that they would see me at my wedding so it was alright. But it was anything but alright.

I feel my phone buzz and look down to see a message from Mary, Kane's grandmother.

I smile.

Since the day I met Kane's grandmother by accident at the diner, we've texted almost everyday. I haven't heard from her in over a week because she's been in Italy with her husband on vacation.

Hi dear, would you like to go to dinner tonight? Antonio's at 8? -M

I would love to! See you then! -A

I stand up from my bed and walk over to my make up table to start getting ready since it's 6:45. I plug in my straightener and walk over to the closet to find something to wear.

After looking through my clothes for a few minutes, I finally decide on a white shirt that has ruffles at the sleeves, a black and white skirt, with my black wedges.

I put my clothes and shoes on the bed and walk back over to my make up table. I start on my make up and do a natural look with light pink lipstick. After I'm finished with my make up, I start straightening my hair.

I unplug my straightener after I'm finished. I put on my clothes and shoes then walk over to my dresser. I put on my black tassel earrings and a few bracelets. I spray on some perfume and deodorant and grab my purse and phone from my bed and walk out of my room.

When I get downstairs I hear the tv on in the living room. I stop at the door way when I see Kane sitting on the couch with my dad.

I roll my eyes.

Why can't they watch football and drink at his house for once?

"I'm going out." I announced.

Both of them turn their heads to look at me. I can feel Kane's eyes look me up and down but I don't pay him any attention.

"Okay, sweetheart." My dad says. "Be careful."

"I will."

I smile at him and grab my car keys from the key rack.

"Hi, Mrs Carter!"

She kisses my cheek and pulls me into a hug. "Oh dear, call me Mary!"

She releases me from the hug and sits back down in her chair. "How are you?"

"I'm alright." I tell her. "How are you?"

I sit down in my chair and open the menu.

"I'm doing great." She smiles widely at me. She goes to say something but gets cut off by the waitress.

"Hello ladies, welcome to Antonio's!" She smiles. "What can get you two to drink?"

"Red wine." Mary tells her.

The waitress smiles at her then turns her head to look at me. "And you, miss?"

"Water, please." I tell her.

She nods and walks off to get our drinks.

"How are things with my grandson?" Mary asked.

I shake my head. "Not good right now. He's very controlling an-"

She cuts me off. "Let me guess, possessive and dominant?"

I frown.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I asked her.

"Honey, he's a Carter." She tells me. "The Carter men are known to be controlling, possessive, and dominant. His grandfather and father are both just like him."

"Really?"

She nods.

"That explains a lot." I whisper to myself.

My phone buzzes as soon as the waitress sits my food down in front of me. I look down at my phone to see a message from my grandma.

I had a huge surprise for you when you got here, but you didn't end up coming. I had you an appointment to meet with Valerie Goodwin about your wedding dress. I hate I had to cancel, I know how much you love her.

I feel my heart drop to my stomach and tears build up in my eyes.

Valerie Goodwin.

Valerie Goodwin is one of the best wedding dress designers in America. I've loved all of her dresses since I've been a little girl.

I picked up one of her magazines in the grocery store one time and something about her dresses just made me fall in love with them. Since that day, I've dreamed of Valerie making my wedding dress.

No one knows how much I love Valerie Goodwin and her dresses besides grandma. Grandma took me to her fashion show when she came to Miami for my 15th birthday. That was the best birthday I've ever had.

I can't believe grandma had me an appointment to meet with Valerie about my wedding dress and she had to cancel it. All because of Kane.

I'm going to kill him.

~~