Chapter 6

Chapter Six

Amaya

Monday morning came before I knew it.

I groan as I get out of my warm bed and walk to the bathroom to shower. I stick my hand into the shower and turn on the hot water.

I look down at the ring on my finger and slowly slide it off, laying it on the sink. I grab my tooth brush and hurry and brush my teeth.

I strip out of my clothes and throw them into the dirty clothes hamper. I grab a towel and hang it on the towel rack and get into the shower.

I sigh as the hot water hits my body.

I wet my hair and grab my shampoo bottle and massage it into my scalp then do the same thing with conditioner after rinsing it out. I rinse the conditioner out and grab my body wash. I squirt a little soap onto a loofah and wash my body.

I rinse my body off then turn off the water, getting out of the shower. I grab my towel and dry off a little before wrapping it around me.

I cut off the light in the bathroom and walk back into my room.

I go to my closet and start looking for something to wear to school. After looking for a few minutes I finally decided on a pair of dark ripped skinny jeans, a mustard yellow shirt, and my black vans.

I walk out of my closet with my clothes and put them on my bed and then walk over to my dresser and pull out a pair of panties and a bra.

I put my undergarments on and my clothes and walk to my make up table. I plug in my straightener to let it get hot and start doing my make up.

After I do my hair, I walk back into the bathroom to my grab my ring off the vanity. I turn on the light and grab the ring only for it to slip out through my fingers and into the sink. I hesitantly watch it as it rolls around in the bottom of the sink, I reach down and try to grab it as it gets closer to the drain only for it to go down it.

"No!" I scream. "No, no, no!"

I shove my hands into my hair and tug at my roots as tears build up in my eyes. My lip trembles as I stare at the sink in horror.

What am I supposed to do?

I got to school after the first bell rang for 4th period and I could careless because the anxiety I feel about facing Kane without my ring is enough to make me wish I would've stayed home. I tried to get my dad before he left for work to try to take the pipes apart under the sink so we could get it but I forgot the man didn't even know how to fix a stopped up sink, more less take the pipes apart.

So here I am walking through the halls of the school toward Kane's classroom with messy hair, puffy red eyes, and a ringless finger.

I'm so happy 4th period is not only my free period but also Kane's because I have no idea how he's going to react and I much rather a classroom full of seniors not be present if he were to go insane.

I knock on the slightly cracked door of Kane's classroom before opening the door and walking inside. I halt in my steps when I see my English teacher Miss Avery standing in front of his desk.

Both of their heads turn toward the door when they hear my footsteps. A look of concern comes over Kane's face as his eyes look me up and down, taking in my appearance while a look of anger overtakes Miss Avery's.

"Miss Ross, it's nice of you to finally show up for school." Miss Avery snapped. "You we're supposed to be here three hours ago."

"I'm sorry, Miss Avery, it's been a rough morning." I tell her.

"That's no ex-"

She gets cut off as Kane stands up from his chair. "I'll handle this, Avery."

She fake smiles. "Of course, Mr Carter."

She grabs her book off his desk and walks out the door, closing it behind her.

I look at Kane to see him leaning against his desk with his arms crossed over his chest. "Are you okay, Amaya?"

My lip begins to tremble and tears build up in my eyes. He pushes himself off his desk and walks toward me when he sees the tears in my eyes. A sob escapes my mouth before I can stop it.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his chest. I grip his shirt and sob into his chest as he whispers into my ear, "What's wrong, baby?"

I pull away from him and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand. I take a deep breathe to calm down a little before telling him what had happened.

~~