All is NOT well

Author’s Note : First goes Corona, then the rest of the storyline.
_________________________________________
Divided we fall, united we stand.
That’s how the tides of time have shown with Ancient Greek being famous example.
The moment we break faith with one another, the sea engulfs us and the light goes out.
If so then they are mere steps away from hell.
Corona isn’t a sunshine it used to be. It didn’t happen over a year...
What a hell of a time to be an the Coronan guard.

Stan, together with Maximus was on the lookout for any potential trouble.
Lately, these are happening in plenty.
Different animals but all the same beasts.
Corona is no stranger to crime.
It’s just that right now, the national situation leaves the kingdom increasingly worse for wear.
Isolated by Chancellor Bismarck and the Kaiser, terrorised by both followers of Saporian Empire and the old Dark Kingdom Ingvarr, as well as shaken from internal doubt... and much more. As if that’s what they needed.
That’s why him & the guards of Corona are armed & ready for any hordes beyond  their eyesight. Many are becoming paranoid too after... slip ups.
Criminals are cowardly superstitious lot, most of them don’t play fair games.
Many of them may also have no regard for whether or not the innocent have to die for them to achieve their goals.
Perhaps some of them weren’t cared for, and they are acting symmetrically.
In cases like these, he’s glad that people can live far more peacefully in their homes and children can come out play their games outside with less fear of harm.
Children are easier than adults,  they see no  race...
Their two queens were clear on what their duties are.
Do what you think is right.
Be loyal.
No insurrections.
Beforehand that was all Stan knew for sure, his duty to guard civilians and catch law breakers... That time apparently has passed.
It became complicated nowadays with guards getting problems from commoners.
With Coronan resistance to German militarization, the wellbeing of the people grows increasingly dire.
Simple people fear for their future... it was only a matter of time before vigilantism is on the rise.
Stan realised it back then.
And he sees it easily now.
When people don’t get hat they need, they start to lose patience over time...and when they believe they’re out of options, they may take drastic measures.
Corona may soon join the rest of the nation and fall into chaos. And that’s why they have police better, not to let even a little arson spill over into wildfire with their borders.
But now it’s not only some unwanted thugs desiring to rob the place, they now also have to worry if the people they protect won’t backstab them.
Corona sheltering Arendellians didn’t help ease the tensions.
The timing wasn’t fitting to help the allied nation.
Coronians has a long history with ethnic Saporians, with Arendellians too as ememies... that may sit wrong with many especially when they are already on edge with deadly virus and disease happening from time to time, causing their health deterioration... people may die from unusual spell of cold.

Food supplies were contested before, now there are additions of political and religious divisions into the mix.
Hopefully it won’t spiral into sectarian violence... Still incidents happened already.
One was with his wife Johanna (OC not canon).
She was a caring person, especially when it came to her family. He was grateful to old man Monty for introducing them to each other, may the god bless his soul...
As he said, she was loving but boy you shouldn’t anger her.
Else you’d get into argument, Johanna recently had one with a newcomer named Brunhilda... devolved to yelling then competing of stubbornness... then war of words had others jumping in ready for more aggressive escalation. Even adding belittling for heated firewood debates strangely...
The guards made sure it didn’t got out of control and that’s just one tamed scuffle...
Monty would be proud of Attila’s bakery but he’d be pained to see this current degradation happening to his home. With youth even more fired up for a fight.
And the young nationalists were quite passionate and frustrated... especially at the guards.
The officers are there to defend people, day and night, even from one another.
Many old faces were now old, retired or dead...
Loyalists are still here but new sentiments are growing.
Unfortunately given the current circumstances, the officers are seen more like traitors protecting rulers who seemingly don’t listen lately... instead blocking Corona from outer world.
Some even suggest that Kaiser’s idea of militarised Germany isn’t so bad.
If only they knew what they talk about... that would mean war. And war should be the last resort ,  it is  NOT some glorifying tale  to be proud of, it’s just suffering and loneliness... where actual wickedness shows it’s face...
These line of thought not only sit bad with newly arrived Arendellians who worried for another invasion... but also with ethnic Saporians among citizens AND guards alike.
Add it only added fuel to fire that the guards looks more armed than before especially with their new spiked helmets in such a moody weather.
Stan felt snowball hitting his head,
Stan – Shi- What?
Stan looked to see the children laughing and playing.
One of them he recognised.
“How’s the patrol going, herr gardister?”
Stan – Oh Astrid, I see you’re having fun.
Astrid – Yeah, I miss my home... but I really wanna see this place before we go back!
Maximus looked at her before he huffs in concern.
Stan smiled sadly at her, her thinking was a wishful one.
Stan – Well who are we to stop you.. go on keep playing...and try stay away from places where people gather okay, dier Kleinen?
Astrid – I’m not afraid but I’m a smart girl, don’t worry.
Astrid ran back to other kids playing before she commented midway.
Astrid – Funny helmet by the way.
She kept running, laughing which made him smile.
At least some are not losing hope yet.
He wonders if it was either his helmet or that he still has a frying pan on his belt. Then again not all kids here would laugh, some kids would be scared too.
And speaking of the scared, chants were heard from a nearby demonstration.
It’s loudest voice , a lady named Meg seemed rather unhinged.
Stan told Steve, Conli and others to only intercept them if fight breaks out. No need to agitate the crowd.
Maximus suspects that’s what Meg counts on, so she feels free to radicalise the public. It’s easy to do that to those who don’t believe in empty hopes...
Which then puts Saporian guards at risk despite their loyalties, and pushing them to be radicalised as well for Saporian cause. You are either OURS or ALIENS.
Stan – Shite... hier kommon sie wieder!
He lately wishes for simpler old times, but happiness doesn’t depend on a wish ... and even wishes have consequences...
Meg – DOESN’T SEEM LIKE A PROTECTED AND POPULAR PLACE IT WAS, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY YA BIG LUGS?
Demonstrators yell out
“NO TO ISOLATION!
YES TO CORONA!
DOWN WITH BLOCKADE!
BUILD THE FUTURE!
I AM WILHELM!
I AM WILHELM!
I AM WILHELM!
I AM WILHELM!”
Those chants were across the place, including the castle.