Pray

Story cover - https://www.deviantart.com/otar3000/art/1037604659
Okay wow, that proven to be longer chapter. There’s a lot to unpack for you dear readers. Just so you know, this chapter is darker. Also maybe some historical inaccuracies are here, idk but hope you’ll enjoy it.
It may seem rushed but after stalling for months, I’m not sure I wanna delay too much... patience as always in any case.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

In Berlin

“Is something bothering you my Kaiser?”

King Wilhelm did not look pleased and for a good reason.

As Kaiser of German Empire, he had a lot of responsibility on his shoulders. From economic to political stability, to diplomatic and territorial preservation.

And it’s been difficult... especially right now.

Problems at home were already enough and now this...

“Why did she had to make this even more difficult?...”

No need to guess who he refers to.

“I understand that what frau Rapunzel is not acceptable, but my Kaiser we already took measures and even banned access of trade ships to Corona. Surely it’s only a matter of time-“

Wilhelm didn’t enjoy hearing that...

He did not wish to starve any of his citizens in his kingdom... he hoped Rapunzel would come to her senses by now.

Wilhelm – Not only do I regret it had come to this, but also now my grandmother... Queen Victoria, sent me a letter. Asking me not to harm her...

“My Kaiser,  with all due respect to her highness... this is your kingdom, you must do everything to protect it now”

Kaiser knew that, he hopes he was wrong but everyone not just him can see the military build-up in Europe... readying for unwanted confrontation.

He could see Conrad von Hötzendorf setting his sight on old French territory in Germany...

Not to mention tensions in Austria growing increasingly...

And he knew who will be next to take the throne of England, his cousin George...

That is why he seeks to create a powerful military and a strong navy.

He wanted to strengthen Germany not destroy Europe... he was nothing like Prince Hans who is on verge of ruining Scandinavia.

But queens Rapunzel and Cassandra were just not helping, neither were some in his own circles.

“My Kaiser, what is your decision?”

Wilhelm – I already made my decision weeks ago...

Rapunzel was one of few who didn’t judge him... such a shame.

Wilhelm - ...We do nothing to her.

That earned him a shocked reaction but he corrected his advisor.

Wilhelm – I’m sure you heard a saying ‘Never interrupt your opponents when they are making a mistake’... Right now Rapunzel is making a mistake. Leave her to it.

“So you wish to outlast her?... I see.”

Wilhelm – We... cannot waste any time. There are criminals to be caught and order to restore.