Chapter 10:

T-Taehyung, I-I was too late," Jungkook said when tears were sliding down his face, wetting his beautiful rosy cheeks.

"What do you mea-" Taehyung starts confusingly but stopped when his gaze falls on the suitcase he was sitting on. His eyes widened when he understood what the younger was late for.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung trailed off. He honestly doesn't know what to say. The younger just lost his apartment and he wished if he could go back to the time, he would fix everything.

"I'm h-homeless now, Taehyung. The thing I was afraid the most." Jungkook let out in between his sobs. He was trying to wipe the tears from his face but the new tears making it hard for him.

Taehyung was now completely sitting on his knees in front of the boy. He doesn't care about the mud dirtying his pants he just wants to comfort the broken boy.

Taehyung reached his hands towards the younger's cheeks to wipe the tears off of his face but he was surprised by the younger suddenly hugging him tightly. Jungkook buried his face in Taehyung's chest wetting the white button-up but did Taehyung care? of course not.

Jungkook fisted Taehyung's shirt tightly while crying into his chest. Taehyung slowly but hesitantly wrapped his one arm around the younger's figure and the other one was caressing his head.

"Shh... Don't cry. I'm here for you, always." Taehyung whispers softy into the younger's hair who's body was shaking because of the loud hiccups.

"It's gonna be fine, you're going to be fine, everything is going to be okay. Don't worry, I'm here for you." He kept comforting the crying boy in his arms by whispering soothing words. Taehyung's one hand was caressing the younger's head when the other was forming soothing circles over his back.

After a few minutes, Jungkook's crying finally came into a stop by Taehyung's help and he was lightly sniffling now. Jungkook removed his head from Taehyung's chest and wiped his tears by the sleeve of his hoodie. Taehyung took out a handkerchief from his pocket and helps the younger to clean his face and runny nose.

Taehyung softly smiled at the younger's face. To him, Jungkook was already cute but now he was looking extra cute with his red nose, rosy cheeks, and the way he was sniffling.

"Feeling better now, Jungkookie?" Taehyung asked the boy, his usual deep voice turned soft and sweet.

"I just got homeless, what do you expect?" Jungkook said monotonously while cleaning his running nose.

'no matter what situation he's in, his tsundere self won't go huh?' Taehyung thought and chuckled softly at the younger.

"I don't think you should shed those precious diamonds of yours over nothing because you are not homeless, Jungkookie," Taehyung said and smiled at the younger's confused face.

"Are you blind?! Don't you see I'm literally on the street?" Jungkook shouted at the older in annoyance who scrunched his face, closing his one eye and slightly leans back at the high pitched voice. Jungkook literally screamed on his face.

"You're not homeless, at least not when I'm with you," Taehyung said and stood up from his kneeling position. "And because You're coming with me." He extended his hand to the younger who looks up at him from his sitting position, his eyebrows knitted together in utter confusion.