Chapter 26:

The soft sound of the car engine vibrating in the background as the two men sit in silence in the car. Taehyung was stealing glances from Jungkook from time to time who was looking outside the window.

The silence was awkward, very awkward between them, "You don't like me back?" Jungkook suddenly asked out of the blue.

"What?" Taehyung asked in confusion as he maintains his gaze on the road.

"Don't you like me back?" Jungkook uttered in a small voice. His eyes fixed to his lap and fingers playing with each other.

 Taehyung sighed before speaking, "I told you, You'll talk about it at home after we're off from work. That way we'll have a lot of time to talk, don't you think?" Taehyung explained as he glanced at Jungkook before looking back at the road again.

"Yeah, I was just curious," Jungkook said and nodded his head continuously.

"Curious of what?" Taehyung asked.

"You know, If you reject me I have to find a new place so I need to gather all my money I've income so far and calculate them together to see if I could afford a new apartment."  

"What?!" Taehyung let out and burst into laughter at what the younger just said.

"What? why are you laughing?" Jungkook asked and stares at the laughing male weirdly.

"Because you're stupid," Taehyung said, still lightly laughing. His chest trembling at the vibration of his laugh.

"I'm- I'm not." Jungkook stuttered out in embarrassment, his face turn red from blushing so hard.

"Yeah, sure."

"Hey! I was just saying. Though I don't find any reason to reject me because I'm beautiful." Jungkook said with a teasing smile. Taehyung stopped laughing but his smile was still there, never fading away.

"Well, I can't argue on that. You're beautiful." Jungkook blushed hard at the comment. Wasn't expecting it if he being honest.

"Anyways, you're not going anywhere. Cause I won't let you." Taehyung said after a short pause.

Jungkook got silent after realizing what the older said. His blood turns warmer and they all gathered over his cheeks making them form a crimson color.

Soon, they reached in front of the youngers college. The car stopped and Jungkook began to unbuckle the seat belt. He was about to open the car door but Taehyung stopped him by suddenly grabbing his wrist.

Jungkook turns to Taehyung with a confused gaze.

"Erm, *ahem* Take care of yourself," Taehyung said a little awkwardly and leans forward. Jungkook widens his eyes when the older started to lean forward.

'Is he already going to kiss me?! No, no, no, it's a lame way to kiss. I want it special and romantic-'  Jungkook panicked internally but his thought got interrupted when he felt a pair of soft lips making contact with his cheeks.