Chapter 23:

Sope's Cafe & Bar, 10:00 pm

Jungkook's shift just ended and after bidding the sope couple goodbye, he left the bar. Just like every day, he expected a certain white car with a man waiting in the open parking lot for him, but today, there was none.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and looks around to see if the older parked the car in a different spot today but no, there wasn't any single trace of Taehyung's car. Though the older never arrive late to pick him up he still waited for Taehyung to come because every day isn't the same right?

Five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes passed but still, Taehyung didn't arrive to pick him up. It started to snow, the whole area was covered with the sheets of snow but there wasn't any sign of the older. Jungkook rubbed his bare palms together to heat them up but that was no use.

His nose turned red, cheeks rosy, and skin pale and white as snow. The tips of his ears, fingers, and the knuckles of his hands turned pink.

After waiting for another fifteen minutes, Jungkook gave up and grabbed a taxi to make his way to their home. In no time, Jungkook reached home and paid the taxi before making his way into the building. After he was in front of the apartment, he unlocked the door and step in. Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows even more when he saw the apartment was dark and empty.

Did Taehyung didn't come home yet?

But he should, Taehyung's work time isn't exactly the same every day since he's a doctor but mainly he's off from work at around 9 or even earlier. Then what is he doing so late outside? It was almost 11 pm. 

Jungkook started to become worried for the older. The older was already mad when he left the cafe because of Jungkook. Jungkook slumped his body over the couch and pulled out his phone and then dialed Taehyung's number.

Calling to oldy🧓...

Ringing...

'the number you're calling is not available. Please try again later.'  Jungkook's blood turns cold when he heard the older's phone is switched off.

Did something happen to Taehyung?

Jungkook didn't waste any time and grabbed the apartment keys before running out to find Taehyung.

Ⓣ︎Ⓚ︎Ⓥ︎Ⓚ︎

The taxi stopped in front of the hospital making a loud screech sound. Jungkook hurriedly paid the taxi driver and ran inside the hospital. "Can you please tell me where is Dr. Kim Taehyung's chamber is?" Jungkook asked the receptionist who looked at him weirdly.

"It's on the 3rd floor, room number 957." She said.

Jungkook nodded with a faint thanks and ran to the elevator. The man beside him who also got with him in the elevator was giving him weird glances at seeing the boy bouncing up and down on his spot desperately. 

"Is someone close to you got admitted?" The man asked at seeing the raven's desperateness.

Jungkook looks at the man and furrowed his eyes, "No,"

"Then are you running late to a doctor's appointment? Though I don't think there's any doctor available at this time." The man said with a shrug.

"I don't need an appointment to see the doctor," Jungkook replied with a roll of his eyes.