chapter 20:

A   few weeks ago:

"I'm sorry, Mam. Our cafe open time is closed." Jungkook said apologetically and bows to the woman.

The woman huffed in disappointment but replied with an 'it's okay' and left the cafe.

Jungkook sighed and started to clean the tables again. After he was finished with the cleaning process, he went to the counter.

He removes one by one all the stuff like coffee makers, bean bags, cups, jars of sugar, and other things.

He whirled out the big shelf to the storeroom they have at the backside and then whirled in the huge shelves of liquor bottles and drinks.

Jungkook then replaced the coffee cups with the drinks bottles and glasses.

After setting up the whole counter into a bar, He walks into the storeroom and clicks a certain button which caused the whole area to lighten up in purple, blue, and red neon lights.

Jungkook then set up the speakers and the other lightings.

He walks back to the counter and went to the backside, there are stairs that leads them to the restroom.

Jungkook went there to inform Yoongi and Hoseok that all is set up but he stopped when he saw they were seeming into a deep conversation.

Now, he's not a nosey person or he doesn't have a bad habit of eavesdropping on others' conversations so he was about to walk off but stopped when his name was mentioned.

"Jungkook is a really good kid don't you think?" Yoongi said as he relaxed and sips his coffee.

"Yeah, I mean we don't even give him any extra work but still he does all the works willingly and never complains," Hoseok said as he sits beside Yoongi with a drink and placed his arm over the other's shoulder.

"I think we should raise his salary?" Hoseok said after a few seconds of silence.

"Hmm, I was thinking that too." Yoongi agreed.

Jungkook smiled shyly at the compliments the two were doing for him but his smile replaced with a shocked expression when he listened to the next sentence Hoseok said.

"We give the job to Jungkook on Taehyung's request but I think that was the best decision we ever made," Hoseok said while smiling and nodding as he sips his drink.

"Ah, how many times should I tell you not to talk about this here? Jungkook might here this. Don't you remember what Taehyung said? If Jungkook knows about this he'll get mad at him and will misunderstand that Taehyung did this to pity him." Yoongi said in a warning tone but poor them doesn't know Jungkook already heard them who was standing beside the doorstep.

"Why would he get mad at Taehyung? Taehyung was just genuinely trying to help him." Hoseok said in confusion as he tilted his head.

"I don't know, must be because of his bad past."

Jungkook walks away from there with an empty mind. He is looking like his soul has just left his body. Jungkook entered the bar and saw it was already 7:05 pm and people were waiting outside for the opening.