2"

The start of term feast was as amazing and wondrous as it had always been

The start of term feast was as amazing and wondrous as it had always been. The first year sorting was always a little bit of a bore but camilla supposed they were all an excited first year at one point in time. She still remembered her turn, sat upon the small wooden stool, the hat being placed on her head. It had hadn't even touched her head before it exclaimed House Gryffindor.

The girls sat together towards the middle of the table and, not by any shock; James, Sirius, Remus and Peter had joined them. Remus had just beaten Sirius for the seat to the right of Camilla, whilst lily, the other side of Camilla had not been so fortunate with James.

James sat beside lily, yapping her ear off and lily looked towards the girls with a desperate expression which said, help.

Camilla, Marlene, Mary and Alice could only shrug and grin in amusement. It was out of their hands.

Whilst Lily was being kept occupied by James, Camilla was happy to catch up with Remus.

He was by far her favourite out of all three Gryffindor boys and she'd happily admit it.

"Aren't you happy I've saved you from that fate" Remus smirked as he gestured to Lily and James. James looked like he was having a fabulous time while lily looks as if she'd rather be in the depths of hell, It fact, it was her hell.

Camilla laughed, "I've never been more relived in my life"

Sirius who was sat across from them rolled his eyes, "Oh come on, I'm not that like that" he said, gesturing to James who continued to gush

"Did you just call James a 'that' " Mary laughed

"I mean yeah" Sirius said simply, "Look at it, its not human nature to act like that, every so often you have to stop talking to take a breath of air"

James looked down the table to shoot them all a glare, "I can hear you"

"if you can hear us, then you should listen mate" Remus said with an air of torment

The girls and Peter laughed at his comment and Sirius nodded in agreement.

James pointed to Camilla, Sirius and Marlene, "I wouldn't laugh if I was you three"

Sirius rolled his eyes in response, seeming to understand what James was on about.

Camilla and Marlene glanced to each other to check it wasn't just themselves who didn't understand.

"Sirius, what in merlins name is he on about?" Camilla asked, looking irritably between the two boys

"He's been using it as blackmail all summer, says training will get tougher and we'll start at 7am in the morning!" he groaned at the thought of having to wake up that early in the winter months, or any month for that matter.

The girls looked confused where as Remus and Peter seemed to know exactly what James and Sirius was going on about. In fact, they looked quiet fed up, like they'd heard it too many times already.

"Using what as Blackmail?" Camilla asked, so far unfazed, but mildly intrigued

"My new role" James grinned, "You're talking to the new Gryffindor Quidditch Captain"

Camilla paused for a second.

James furrowed his eyebrows as the girl in-front of her doubled over laughing.

Once she had finally caught her breath she was able to speak, "Potter, usually I don't get the humour in your jokes but this one I got"

James looked at her strangely, "i'm not joking"

"of course you're not" she said sarcastically

Lily, Marlene, Mary and Alice all looked to each other in surprise and shock whilst Sirius, Remus and Peter still looked terribly confused.

"You're not the captain" Camilla said, pulling her badge from her skirt pocket and presenting it to the group, "I am"

James seemed in a state of shock, he pulled his own badge from his robe pocket.

"No, I am"

"professor this is so unfair!"

"how could you do this?"

"I can't possibly work with him!"

"Theres only supposed to be one quidditch captain!"

"That is quite enough!" professor McGonagall exclaimed, putting a stop to the students constant stream of complaints. She had expected that this would be their reactions but she hadn't seemed to quite prepare herself for having to deal with two of the most strongly opinionated students in her house, arguing and at each others throats, in-front of her desk at first thing in the morning. She had barely finished her breakfast. "My decision is final and I have chosen you both to be this years Quidditch captain"

"But professor" James protested, "I don't need any help with it, I can do it all on my own"

McGonagall looked at him pointedly, "Mr Potter, my decision is final!" Camilla glanced to James with a smirk as the professor scolded him, "This decision did not stem from the opinion that either of you alone, would be incapable, in fact, it was quite the opposite. I have chosen you to be co-captains as I have had a too harder time choosing between you, for individually, you are equally very strong. I hope you are able to work out your differences. I am sure that by the strongest players on the team working together, we have a good shot at the cup this year"

Camilla almost felt nauseous at the word co-captain.

James seemed dumfounded and his mouth hung open.

"shut your mouth potter, you'll attract flies"

Professor McGonagall stared at Camilla in a warning manner.

"Now, I will hear no more of the matter, and If you cannot sort out your differences then my hand will be forced and I shall find another student who is willing to take on the task"

Camilla and James looked to each other in confusion as they mentally went through all the members of the team who may be willing to take their place,

Their eyes widened as the worst possibility imaginable reached their brains at the same time.

"McLaggen" James and Camilla said simultaneously with horror in equal measure.

That just wasn't a possibility.

Camilla left Professor McGonagall's office feeling extremely deflated. She'd worked so hard for captain and now she had to share it with James Potter?

In her eyes there was only one solution.

Be so good that James wouldn't be needed.

James Potter was no longer an unwanted friend, but now the enemy.