7"

Meanwhile, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter worked on their map

Meanwhile, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter worked on their map. They were almost close to finishing it. They should have finished it last year but Sirius had been fiddling with it and made a disastrous mistake causing Remus to go over everything them had already completed and fix it all.

"I was thinking" James said, discarding the map onto the end of his bed

"Merlin forbid" Remus muttered teasingly making the other boys laugh in response

James rolled his eyes, continuing when their sniggers ceased, "As I was saying, I think its about time for our back to school Prank".

His eyes twinkled with mischief and excitement. Every year the marauders would pick one unlucky individual to be the victim of their prank, someone who had somewhat wronged them in a way, a revenge prank if you will. In their eyes it was an honour to be picked, in everyone else eyes, it was a horrible misfortune. It was sort of an annual tradition.

In their first year they started off with an easy victim, Filch. They had charmed his old cat, Mr whiskers, who had since passed, to spit fire whenever whenever he meowed. Lets just say that year professor filch had got through quite a few robes and had some very singed eyebrows by the time the charm had worn off.

In their second year, their victim was Severus Snape whom they gave a delightful nickname to. The marauders knew him as Snivellous. They had jinxed his robes to flash in Gryffindor colours whilst sat in the great hall and caused some horrible puss filled spots to appear on his face, leading him to running out extremely embarrassed. This incident had cause Lily Evans, whom at the time was good friends with Snape, to be extremely angry at James and the marauders. Sirius forever claimed that at that moment Lily was shouting at them, James immediately fell in love.

In their third year they was unable to decided and so chose two targets. Rosier and Avery were two particularly nasty Slytherins, who had been on the Slytherins quidditch team at the time, and had caused both James and Sirius quiet some grief. At their next match, their trousers had been charmed to fly away from them leaving them in their underpants in the middle of the quidditch pitch . That specific prank had landed them about two months in detention.

In their fourth year, their victim was Martha Midgen, merely for no reason other than she had spoken to Peter quiet poorly in transfiguration one time and Peter had begged them to pick her for that years prank. Remus had been totally against it but never seemed to be able to much of a say when it came reasoning on the marauders pranks. Although, James and Sirius did feel terrible about that specific prank and apologised profusely. They had given her a chocolate which had caused leeks to spring from her ears. Unfortunately they had made the dosage too strong and she had to spend the entire week in the hospital wing. For dinner the next day there was a bowl of leek soup and the boys heaved at the thought of having to eat it after watching leeks sprout from her ears and prayed it hadn't been made out of the same ones.

In their fifth year, once again, their target was Snape. During their fifth year their rivalry with Severus Snape had almost met boiling point, during which Lily Evans had ended her friendship with him. They had tampered with Snape's shampoo bottle and filled it with pink dye. It took around a month for the colour to wear out of his greasy hair.

" I thought we agreed that we was done with the revenge prank?" Peter asked, remembering all their other previous attempts

"What happened to no pranks this year prongs?" Remus asked rolling his eyes, "I thought you was trying to get into McGonagall's good books for Quidditch captaincy next year"

James Shrugged, "This ones worth it. One won't hurt. We'll just make sure we're not caught"

Sirius hummed, "who do you have in mind prongs?"

James couldn't help the smirk that pulled onto his lips.

Remus' eyes widened at the realisation, "No, absolutely not"

"Oh come on" James begged, "Peter got to pick in fourth year, I should be allowed to choose"

"You can't choose Cam!" Remus protested, "she's our mate!"

Peter nodded quickly in agreement along with Sirius.

"Really Prongs? the mother to my future child?" Sirius said, crossing his arms across his chest

The other three boys all seemed to simultaneously roll their eyes at once.

"Come on" James egged, "She deserves it, she did steal my captaincy after all"

"Absolutely not" Remus said shaking his head

James simply shrugged, "If you boys aren't willing to help me, I'll plan it myself. It won't be a horrible one, just funny"

Remus didn't budge on the matter but Sirius and Peter looked to each-other in silent deliberation. What harm could it do?

" I suppose It would be a laugh" Sirius smirked, imagining Camilla's face.

"yeah, I'm in" Peter nodded in agreement

"Great!" James exclaimed, "Remus? This is your last chance, are you in?"

Remus didn't seem like he was going to change his mind any time soon, "I'll have absolutely no part in this"

"Your loss Moony" James said while a million ideas swirled in his head

"She will kill you all, you know that, don't you?"

Sirius sighed, "One could only wish to go out that way"

James knew, for a fact, that on Thursday mornings at 6am, without fail, Camilla went down to the quidditch pitch for an early morning fly before the Ravenclaw team would turn up for their training sessions. She would stay for around an hour, before having a shower in the dressing rooms, then returning up to the castle for an hour of studying in the library before breakfast.

He knew that for a fact. Like clockwork, they passed each other every Thursday morning. Camilla would be walking back up to the castle, and James would be on his way down to the pitch, for his training session at 7:30am, just before the Ravenclaws turned up at 8:30am.

It was the perfect opportunity and he had a perfect idea.