100"

Camilla had been bustling around the house cleaning and tidying up

Camilla had been bustling around the house cleaning and tidying up. It was definitely needed.

The power in the sun had subsided with the first autumn showers and the sky had greyed a little in the October months.

As she swept the kitchen she hummed to the music  playing from the muggle record player Lily had gotten her for her birthday. She was always so fond of lily's at Hogwarts. James was in the next room reading a column on the Holyhead Harpies in the Daily Prophet in the sports section. Camilla had already read it of course.

As she tidied away pots and pans and mugs and scraps of parchment, something had caught her eye.

Something she had not seen in quite some time.

It was James' old notebook.

Camilla smiled to herself as the memories came rushing back, feeling the worn book in her fingers.

It looked awfully battered and as if it was going to fall apart any minutes

She flicked through the pages one by one. From their second year all the way to their seventh year.

Camilla remembered every match. She remembered every minute.

Her fingers flicked through the yellowing parchment all the way to the last page.

Her breath caught in her throat, her soft fingers on her lips in pure surprise as she read the simple words.

Marry me?

Her quidditch necklace around her neck had suddenly started fluttering furiously, beating its winds so fast it had started to fly up into the air on its chain.

A strange whirring and clicking noise sounded and Camilla gazed at the charm in surprise as it clicked undo to reveal its insides.

Taking the small golden band out and holding it up to take a better look at it, she felt her eyes prick with tears. Camilla brushed away the single tear that had fallen and spun around to find James on a singular knee behind her.

"James" She whispered cupping his face with both her hands

James could only smile up to her in pure adoration and love, "Marry me Prewett?"

"Are you asking or are you telling me?" she smiled with watery eyes

"Well that depends on your answer" He replied, full of seriousness but with a gently kind expression

"Of course I will Potter" she laughed, shaking her head in disbelief and pulling James up from the floor to embrace him firmly.

How could have Camilla predicted that one incredibly annoying boy, who was annoyingly good at quidditch she had met at 11 would turn out to be the one person she would care most for in the world? How was she to know that for the rest of her life, she would love James Potter utterly and completely? How could she ever know that James would be her future husband? The person she would swear to cherish and love forever, to create a life together, to start a family together.

Camilla couldn't have predicted it, but god was she glad for it to have happened.

That night, as James and Camilla laid facing each-other, silently admiring the other, everything had felt so perfect.

"You're everything Cam" James whispered gently, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, "The whole world and more. I'm so thankful to have you by my side. I know you get frustrated saying in the house and fighting. I know you want to experience the world and to reach your dreams and be the best quidditch player in the world, but I promise you, when this war is done, we will have a good life together. And I know we are young and whatever... but... not everyday is guaranteed and I want to spend everyday, until the days are no longer, with you"

Camilla rested her forehead upon James' and cupped his cheek, "I have everything I will ever need already here, James"

The Prewett's and the Potter's had obviously been ecstatic at the news and were already kicking into the gear the wedding arrangements.

Molly had insisted she be the one to plan it all. Who was Camilla to deny her of the excitement? They were due to get married in a few months? Life was fleeting, James and Camilla knew that. Why wait?

It was going to take place at the burrow and Molly and Arthur had already bought the marquee and decorations along with Mr and Mrs Prewett's help. The Potter's of course had offered to pay for the entire thing but Doris and Gavin were far too proud to let them do so. They had already given Camilla so much, all of which she had as extremely grateful for, yet she couldn't expect them to pay for this as well.

It would be sweet and quaint. Guests would be friends and family only. Discreet and quiet, far from any spying eye of the enemy. Camilla and James didn't want a big white wedding, it wasn't really their style, a marquee in the Weasleys back garden would do just fine.

Their friends has been absolutely joyous when they had broken the news, along with the order whom all congratulated them profusely.

The marauders of course had been appalled that one of their members had all of a sudden be tied down as James explained that their mischievous side missions would no longer be his number one priority. Camilla was sure they would still occur behind her back. Though Sirius had expressed that if James had to be tied down by anyone, he was glad it was Camilla. Funnily, she been entirely flattered at the strange compliment.

Lily, Marlene, Mary and Alice had been entirely excited. The news was met with a chorus of squeals and extremely tight hugs.

"I told you so!" Alice exclaimed, "I always told you so!"

"I could have guessed" Marlene laughed with a shake of her head

"Indeed, It was definitely about time" Mary nodded.

Lily, as always, had been the happiest for Camilla. Camilla was her best friend and always would be.

She had told lily first of all, after their families of course.

Camilla had invited her around to shell cottage and sat in the living room, sipping their tea. Camilla had spoken about some important things that had been playing on her mind, especially after the death of her brothers. She wondered about the what ifs and what would happen in the future. She made Lily promise several words. Lily obliged and promised to fulfill Camilla's wishes and returned her own wishes, of which Camilla agreed to.

The two girls would always have each others backs and live for the other. They were best friends after-all.