63"

James and Camilla had shut themselves in their dorms and made it extremely clear to their friends that they were strictly not to be interrupted

Choosing the new Gryffindor team was a monumental occasion which required their full attention.

So why was it that James just couldn't seem to focus on  the task at hand.

For the past five minutes Camilla had been talking about how brilliant Jonathon had been at tryouts. It bugged him and he couldn't shake the feeling which settled in his stomach and fizzed with annoyance. Camilla was right of course, Jonathon was extremely good and definitely did deserve a place on the team, but he was in the mind to deny him a place just to stop Camilla from going on about him. He wondered if they had a thing. James had spotted them chatting in the common room and during practise last year and wondered if they'd kept in touch over the summer. James wanted to dislike the boy but Jonathon was the kind of person who was difficult to hate. He was always extremely kind yet not too much of a pushover to not express his opinions and he was pretty good looking, if James was forced to admit it. He seemed like someone Camilla would be into.

He couldn't help himself but to ask.

"Got a crush Prewett?"

He tried to make it sound teasing, light and airy but his smirk felt unnatural and forced.

Camilla looked up from her notes she was reading which was resting on the wooden desk which was a vision of white from all the parchment strewn across it. She looked across the desk at him and raised an eyebrow.

"On who?" she asked, watching James carefully.

She wasn't quite sure why it mattered who James was referring to. She didn't fancy anyone, to her knowledge anyway, and so her answer would consequently be 'no' regardless.

"Old Jonathon Rother of course" James replied, leaning back on his chair, putting on his best performance

Camilla scrunched her face up, "Old? Potter, he's in the same year as us. I'm older than Jon"

James just shrugged back slightly thrown by the nickname, "Just a term of endearment. It's alright if you do, I won't tell a soul. You can confide in me Prewett" he winked

Camilla had similarly leaned back on her chair and crossed her arms over her chest, a challenging twinkle in her eye, "Is it that obvious?!"

She dragged a hand down her face embarrassedly and James' eyes shot open with surprise.

"I guess I'm not being as discreet as I thought" she sighed, "But it's really difficult to act normal around someone when all you want to do is snog their brains out"

James mouth hung open slightly in shock.

He had only been joking!

He didn't actually think that Camilla would be so honest with him!