50"

James had brought his notebook with his scribbles inside from the tryouts and provided the Fire-whiskey and the pair of them hurried through the corridors under the cloak

James had brought his notebook with his scribbles inside from the tryouts and provided the Fire-whiskey and the pair of them hurried through the corridors under the cloak. The sun had prolonged far into the evening and the warm fuzz in the hair hung heavily upon them. Camilla always wondered how the marauders always had copious amounts of alcohol within their disposal and she guessed it was to do with one of the many secret passages they had discovered.

The sun seemed more of a burnt orange than a light yellow and it created a rich hue across the views. The leaves on the trees and the blades of grass remained perfectly still, not a slight breeze to coax a dance from their stems. Hogwarts always had a sort of magical glaze sweeping across it but that particular evening, it seemed even more enchanting than ever. The castles turrets seemed to gently caress the sparse billowy clouds and the grounds were silent apart from the odd screech of an owl from the direction of the owlerly. It was close to curfew and the last students rushed inside, attempting to escape the evening's detentions. 

Camilla would never get over the entrancing atmosphere of Hogwarts. It was strange. You could almost feel the magic and you could feel your own magic within your veins, like it was part of you, like it was the home of wizards. She supposed it was the home of magical people. She had known magic her whole life, her house was filled with magic, she had never encountered anything else. But in that moment, she was truly overwhelmed by its beauty and thanked every star in the sky above that she was able to experience such a wonder and pitied those for whom could only ever imagine a life she was so accustomed to. She watched a slight ripple on the lake as the giant squid elevated a tentacle out of the deep water and watched it re-hit the surface, once again submerging into the unknown.

Whenever her eyes clasped onto the giant squid it made her smile. I didn't happen often but when it did it brought her some fond memories.

She was instantly transported back to her home at 'the warren' as her family nicknamed their home. She had just packed up all of her belongings into her trunk ready to depart for her first year at Hogwarts. Her mother and father stood by her side, ready to escort her on her first adventure along with Fabien and Gideon who were off for their last year. Fabien and Gideon had warned her of the giant squid and told her a tale about the first year who was dragged down and under the deep water on their way to the castle in the little wooden boats. They were teasing her, of course, as elder brothers do, and Camilla had felt absolutely petrified. Molly had told them to shut up and suggested that she should perhaps take an extra ham sandwich with her to throw into the lake for the giant squid so it wouldn't feel quite so inclined to drag her boat under.

Camilla had done so and threw her ham sandwich into the lake, watching it bob away into the distance.

She forever wonder if the squid had enjoyed her sandwich that day or perhaps he would have preferred cheese, like James did. An odd choice, she thought.

They had all changed so much. Molly had just given birth to her third son, Percy, whom Camilla had not met yet, but was absolutely and completely longing to meet. Fabien and Gideon had grown up, well, as much as two men who had the heart a child could do... and now they risked their lives everyday to fight to a better world for her to enter.