87"

Once James and Camilla had made sure all of the first years were settled back into their dorms, they finally made their way back through the hallways to their own dorm

Once James and Camilla had made sure all of the first years were settled back into their dorms, they finally made their way back through the hallways to their own dorm. The first years were always giddy on the first day back at Hogwarts and it warmed Camilla to see them all still enchanted by the magic of the school despite the current climate, similar to how she was herself back in her first year.

Professors Dumbledore's welcome back speech for the term was as miserable as always and once again covered 'the importance of a united front' and how 'we must fight through the darkness with light'.
Camilla felt it was stupid. The students didn't need telling. Several students in the crowd had friends and family members missing and Dumbledore telling them to be brave and fight felt awfully ironic and misplaced.

The only vice to everything was James and their small dorm. Camilla wished she could hide in there forever with him and never come out. They had managed to come up with a strategy for the match and even get some NEWT revision done, much to James' dismay. Camilla was immensely jealous of the fact that James didn't need to revise endlessly to get decent grades.

Once all tasks were completed, the two of them had taken to laying in James' bed, chatting about quietly literally anything that came into their minds.

"If I ever had a boy, I'd name him Harry" Camilla concluded

"You'd name your son after Harry Donahue? The Bellycat Bats Beater?!" James asked in disbelief

"Of course" Camilla nodded, "The best beater in the world at the minute"

"Hardly" James scoffed, "How can you say Donahue is the best on the scene right now when Kit Cowlishaw has the best stats"

Camilla looked absolutely offended at this, "There is absolutely no way you think Cowlishaw is a better beater than Donahue?!"

"Miles better" James sung mischievously

He was just winding her up at this point but he couldn't help it.

He was right back in sixth year... he would never get bored of annoying her.

Camilla saw his gleeful face and rolled her eyes upon realising that he was only winding her up.

"Prat"

Giving James a small shove James could only laugh and wrapped his strong arms around her pulling her closer towards him.

"I've missed you y'know" he said, his face studying her face. Every freckle, every little mark.

"Did you?" Camilla asked with a smile, "How much?"

"A lot"

"On a scale of 1 - 10"

"You're pushing your luck Prewett"

James had stopped her from babbling on further by pressing his lips firmly upon her own and Camilla was more than happy to be shut up that way.

She'd missed James completely and hadn't truly realised how much so until she could once again feel her skin on his, smell his scent of broom polish and citrus and run her fingers through his unruly hair. He was all intoxicating, almost like the oxygen she breathed.

How on earth did she last two weeks without him?

Their desperation to be together, their body's pressed together seemed at times to be uncontrollable.

Camilla's kisses seemed to set James on fire and they left a tingle sensation over his skin, almost leaving a trail of fireworks across body. As Camilla straddled his lap, either leg on the bed both sides of him, James' hands on her thighs, he pulled away from her to just admire her.

Merlin, she looked so beautiful.

Camilla always did.

She reminded James of a fresh spring day, or a warm cup of coffee on a sleepy morning, or the feeling of climbing into bed after a tiring day.

James loved her. He already knew he did. But looking into her eyes which gazed back up to him expectingly, James couldn't keep it within him anymore.

"You know I love you, don't you Prewett?" he said, watching her expression with such loving intensity

Camilla had taken a few moments to actually process what James had just admitted.

She reached up to cup his handsome face, her fingers grazing his cheekbones, "I know. You know I love you too, right?"

James let out a soft chuckle.

"Never doubted it for a minute"

"You are such an arrogant git" she retorted pulling a face which made James laugh, "Genuinely, Potter. The most arrogant person ever"

"All part of my charm Cami"

Camilla had heard enough and it was now her turn to shut James up with a kiss.

"Just shut up Potter"

The rest of their evening was spent laying in James' bed, laughing, chatting, kissing. Neither of them could think of a better way of spending their time.

James had promised Camilla that it didn't matter about the scouts at the last Ravenclaw match and that there will be plenty of other times at the next two matches to impress them. Camilla had asked whether or not a scout had approached James after said match. They of course had, but James had denied so in an attempt to make Camilla feel a little better about the whole situation. He was never going to take it anyway; not while the war was still going on. Anyway, it was only for Wimbourne wasps. Yellow wasn't his colour.

As Camilla slept nestled into the side of him, James had decided there and then that she would forever be the most important person in his life.

Camilla was quite literally his soulmate. His other half.

That was so much clear by their matching patronuses.

But James could predict what Camilla was going to say before she even knew what she was going to say and Camilla vice versa.

Their friends had forever been telling them that they were the same person and the pair of them had sworn blind that they were most definitely not.

But James knew that they were right.

Camilla Prewett and James Potter were meant to be together and James thought about how strange it is that the universe makes people so perfectly suited for each other.