21"

Camilla was supervising the first and second year session

Camilla was supervising the first and second year session. She had taken a training broom for a while and took it for several spins of the pitch to try and familiarise herself with it before the next team training session. It wasn't the same. It was slow and took much more effort to manoeuvre but she supposed she had to make it work.

She sat hovering on it in the air and watched a couple of second years taking turns hitting a bludger between them both. They had begged her to enchant it so it could keep coming back to them. Camilla was a little apprehensive but said yes under the condition that she could magically slow down the speed of the bludger and that they must remain in part of the pitch she could supervise. She really did not want any broken bones under her watch.

"fancy some company?"

Camilla turned around to see James flying up to her. She smiled slightly as he approached her.

"what are you doing here?" she asked as James hovered beside her. Her eyes fell to the broom he was using. A training broom.

"Thought it must be pretty boring up here alone" he said casually

Camilla eyed his broom curiously, "what's with the broom"

"If you have to be on a training broom, i'm on a training broom" he shrugged like it wasn't a big deal

Camilla narrowed her eyes, "that's stupid"

James didn't seem to care, "I broke your broom so i'll be on a training broom as long as you are on a training broom"

It was stupid but Camilla couldn't help but smile slightly.

"Thanks Potter, but you better be back on your own broom for our matches. We can't afford two players flying at the speed of a snail"

"you really had to break down my act of solidarity, don't you Prewett" James rolled his eyes

"well it's a horrible idea, yes" she smiled, "but thank you for the thought. It means a lot"

James just laughed and turned to watch the younger students flying on their brooms.

"I've got to admit, this was a good idea" James said watching them play around on their brooms

"One of my many strokes of genius"

James scoffed and shook his head turning to Camilla, "fancy a game"

Camilla looked at him reluctantly, recently he had been such a nob, but he seemed sincere.

They had charmed a buldger and simply hit it back to one another as they chatted. Camilla found the simple activity quite relaxing and James was not too bad to talk to. When he wasn't being an idiot he was alright really. He had been telling her about how this year he had decided to stop on the pranks, excluding the one on her of course, and Camilla wasn't sure if she believed him.

"How did you know I had pranked you?" James asked, hitting the buldger back to her

Camilla smiled, "I have two older brothers, I have been pranked many a time in my life Potter"

"what gave me away?"

"I saw you lurking under the stands" Camilla laughed, "Plus, I think I could smell Mrs Pugdey's fabulous hair dye from several miles away"

"Had that much experience with it have you?" he smiled at the idea

"Merlin, you can only imagine. My hair has been every colour under the sun thanks to them" Camilla shook her head, hitting the bludger back

"Gideon and Fabien right?" James asked as camilla nodded her head in confirmation, "My mum's mentioned them before. Don't they work for the order of the phoenix?"

Camilla nodded, "yeah, they're worse pranksters than you. And wayyy better at it, may I add"

"Impossible" James smirked

"Im afraid not"

"and you have a sister?" He continued to ask, knowing about her family from his mother

"Yes, Molly" she smiled, "she's just had her second baby, Charlie"

"So you're an aunt" James laughed

"The best one around" camilla returned, "Do you ever wish you had siblings?"

James nodded, "I used to. But we have Sirius now, he's my brother, so not really anymore"

Camilla understood. James' parents were fairly elderly, similarly to her own. James had seemed to be their miracle child whilst Camilla seemed to be more of a shock to both her parents who's other children were much elder.

James had seen Camilla's mother around at their house, at the Potter manner, a couple of times. They had been friends in school. Their fathers had also seemingly gotten on. He could tell where Camilla got her (usually) laid back attitude and good sense of humour from. Her family seemed wonderful.

Camilla remembered when she had learnt that Sirius had fled home and took refuge the Potters. She remembered feeling awful. She found it difficult to imagine what life at Grimmauld place must have been like. She also remembered feeling quite impressed and touched from hearing that the Potters had taken him in instantly. From what she had heard they were a lovely family. They had a richer and more extravagant lifestyle than her own family, but they were the same in essence. Both families Pureblood, which had not necessarily adopted the views of the times, in current pureblood society. Most family members were equally sorted into Gryffindor from both families.

On paper, written down, Camilla and James should have been destined to be friends at Hogwarts.

"It was good of you to take Sirius in" she said

James only shrugged, "we didn't really think twice"

Camilla nodded, "well still, it is very nice of you to share your massive mansion with him"

James laughed and threw his head back but as he finished his face turned serious, "I am really sorry about the broom Prewett, truly" he said, "I didn't think how it would effect anyone else and I apologies for that"

Camila waved him off, "That's alright Potter, water under the bridge"

"Friends?" James asked, catching the bludger in his arms

He didn't seem to be wrestling with it, his strong arms encasing it firmly.

"I think I can manage friends" camilla agreed

Camilla wondered what was happening to the world. She had agreed to be friends with both Sirius Black and James Potter in the past few days. It was certainly strange.

A wide grin spread across James face and camilla looked around to notice that the session had ended ages ago. The students had left a pile of equipment on the floor and had all made their way back to the castle for dinner. They were the only people out on the pitch and the sky had started to turn dark.

"Looks like we've missed dinner" Camilla sighed

"Fancy a trip to the kitchen?"

"Sure"