17"

At practice James and Camilla watched their team flying laps from the ground below

At practice James and Camilla watched their team flying laps from the ground below. Camilla was watching Rachel King flirt with frank longbotton, before realising he wasn't interested, before moving onto McLaggen and then Sirius.

"We're going to have trouble with her" Camilla said matter of factly to James who had also noticed. Rachel hadn't failed to pay attention to James himself.

Camilla could not care what the girl did outside of quidditch, she could flirt with anyway boys as she pleased, good for her, she had no problem with it. But if it caused harm to the team, then she would care and she wouldn't hesitate to replace her instantly. Camilla had decided it would be best to have a word before it reached that point.

"Thats a bit harsh, don't you think" James shrugged

"We're here to play quidditch and win the cup, this isn't one massive dating event, Potter" she said mildly irritated

James laughed, "If it was, who'd you pick?"

"You're all horrendous" Camilla said with a smirk, "I wouldn't touch any of you with a barge pole"

"Come on" James laughed, having a bit of fun, "If you had to pick... who would it be?"

Camilla thought about her options.

Frank was firstly out of the question. He was a lovely boy but he was one of her best friends long term boyfriend for merlins sake! Moving on she turned to McLaggen. He wasn't particularly unattractive, in fact, he was quite handsome. Too bad he was a massive and complete arse.

That left the only two boys left on the team; Sirius and James himself.

There was only one option Camilla would ever admit to James.

"Got to be Sirius I guess" she shrugged

James laughed, "He'll be happy to hear it"

Camilla face turned serious, "tell him that and I will actually kill you"

James just continued to laugh and raised his hands in innocence, "anyway" he said looking to the rest of the team circling above them, "don't think you're getting out of your laps Prewett, Ive already done mine"

Camilla looked to his as if to say, really? She mounted her broom and rose up into the air to finish her warm up laps.

James had watched her go in amusement. In the pit of his stomach he had felt a little disappointed Camilla had picked Sirius. He and Camilla had known each other longer right? Their mothers had introduced them as babies, granted neither of them could remember it, but Camilla had more loyalties to him. Right?

The team had finished their laps and Camilla had decided to split the team up to play a match.

"Sirius, you're team A and Rachel, you're team B" she said, making the two of them stand apart ready to form two groups, "we're going to play a small match against each other to see what we need to work on when up against an opponent. Marlene, you can be team A, and Potter team B"

James looked as if he wanted to protest, wanting to be on the same team as Sirius and also not particularly liking being ordered around by camilla but he shut his mouth and went and stood beside Rachel who seemed happy with the choice.

"McLaggeen team A, and frank team B as a chaser, if that alright with you?"

Frank nodded easily as the two boys joined their respective groups.

"for just this purpose we won't be needing any keepers. This is merely for defence and attacking skills. For an even number, I won't be  participating and will be taking notes on performance"

The team nodded in understanding, taking their positions, and Camilla tossed the quaffle up into the air at the sound of her whistle.

Play started and Camilla took a seat upon the stands, her parchment and quill out, ready to make notes.

As she assessed them all it was easy to tell who their star players were. It was hard to take her eyes off him.

James Potter was so incredibly amazing at quidditch.

Camilla found it hard to believe that she was apparently on equal footing to James. His flying skills were so polished and sharp and on top of his new broom, he was so fast that if you blinked you would miss him. He flew past you in a flash.

He shot past her, after the quaffle, and the gust of wind he produced due to his sheer speed made her hair flow around her.

Watching James she saw the concentration and determination on his face. His strong arms strained and bulged at his jumper as he expectedly controlled his broom and his hair tousled in the wind.

Camilla found herself being relieved that James was sorted in Gryffindor.

They would be in such trouble if they ever had to come against him as an opponent.

Their game had come to an end as the rest of the team had started to pack up their belongings and head back up to the castle; leaving James and Camilla to pack up the equipment.

"Got some good notes?" James asked, walking over off the pitch to where Camilla was sat watching.

Camilla glanced down to the page which only had a single line which said, Mclaggen out of formation.

"Yeah, I got loads"

She had been so transfixed by James' flying she had completely forgotten she was supposed to be watching them all and taking notes.

The pair of them were tidying away the equipment.

"I told Siruis that you choose him" James said in amusement, his back turned to her as he hung up the brooms on the wall

"You Knob, Potter!" camilla exclaimed, throwing a quaffle into his back, making James laugh, "That's going to cause me so much grief! He's never going to shut up about it!"

James laughed more, "I know, thats why I told him"

"Why do you wish to make my life intolerable?" she said with a dramatic flare making James smile

"I do quite enjoy it" he hummed, "It is well deserved, that's what happens to people when they take my quidditch captaincy"

Camilla quirked an eyebrow, "your quidditch captaincy? You mean you took my quidditch captaincy"

James disagreed shaking his head, "I saw you Prewett, watching me fly, you were impressed" he smirked

Camilla looked away slightly embarrassed for being caught, careful to not let James see the blush on her cheeks.

"hardly Potter" she said, picking up another quaffle to polish, "I was thinking about how your turns looked sloppy"

"Sloppy?" James asked moving over towards her, so they were facing each other

"Yes sloppy and unpolished" Camilla said firmly, her hands on her hips, unwavering under his strong eye contact

"Prewett... we both know my flying isn't sloppy, nor unpolished"