47"

The sixth year exams had come and gone in a flash and overall Camilla felt amazing about them all

The sixth year exams had come and gone in a flash and overall Camilla felt amazing about them all. She was certain she did rubbish in potions but found everything else pretty standard, even going as far to say they were fairly easy. It was the general consensuses within the sixth year students in Gryffindor and everyone was much more relieved to be able to take the rest of the year steadily.

However there was one students that had not seemed to be able to relax.

James Potter had been uncharacteristically quiet and everyone had noticed, especially the marauders.

Sirius had decided he had enough and was going to get down to the bottom of it one Thursday evening as the boys lounged around in their dorm.

"Prongs, what up with you?" He asked, "I can see the cogs turning in your head. You've not spoken for an hour straight and If anyone a week ago had told me that, I would have assumed you dead!"

Remus and Peter chuckled slightly but were equally intrigued as to what was causing his change of behaviour.

"So" Sirius continued, "Spit it out!"

James sighed and swung his legs round, sitting up on his bed.

"Prewett got her corporeal Patronus" he said simply

The other three boys looked at him blankly.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Remus asked, searching for clarification

"yeah, I thought that was the point" Peter agreed

James nodded, "yeah, it was... it is a good thing. It's just..."

"...Just what?!" Sirius pressed impatiently

James breathed a deep breath, "It's a doe" he whispered

"A what?" Sirius asked, unable to hear James from across the room

"A doe, Sirius!" he exclaimed, much louder than he had intended to.

Remus and Sirius' face was a picture whilst Peter looked absolutely puzzled.

"Am I missing something?" he asked, looking to each boy bewildered.

Remus had explained to Peter the meaning of this, and Peters' expression had similarly mirrored that of Remus and Sirius.

"No way!"

James nodded slowly, confirming it.

"Does she know?" Sirius asked quickly, "Does she know what it means?"

"No" James shook his head, "That's the worst bit! I'm over here like a confused nervous wreck and Cam is perfectly fine! And I can't just tell her. 'Hi Prewett, we have matching patronus' so I think we're soulmates' " He mocked

"It might just be a coincidence mate" Remus suggested with a shrug of his shoulder, "You're both really similar, you like the same things and such. It wouldn't be such a stretch"

"Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks Moony" James smiled tightly, grabbing on to any alternate explanation other than the one he had.

Deep down James knew it was not a coincidence.

Deep down James just knew.

But he wasn't quite sure whether he was ready to admit that yet.

"Well you're going to have to snap out of it mate" Sirius said getting into bed for the night, "The Ravenclaw match is coming up and if you don't get your head in the game I'm certain Cam will detach your bollocks from your body. We have to win this one by at least seventy point or Slytherin will overtake us in the cup"

The other boys scrunched their noses up at his crude language and followed suit, getting into their respective beds.

James was well aware of this and when his mind wasn't occupied with the issue of camilla, he was thinking about Quidditch. But that wasn't too often. Camilla had been taking up around about ninety-eight percent of his headspace recently.

"I know, I know" James sighed, pulling up his duvet to his chin and settling into his bed, "But tomorrow is a new day and I'll try and forget it all"

"Good lad"

The next morning James had forced himself to swallow down his nervousness as Camilla and the girls joined them all at dinner. She took a seat beside him and slapped a wad of parchment infront of him.

"Better get your notebook out Potter because let me tell you, I have a lot of tactic ideas"

James laughed and pulled his notebook out, instantly feeling much better with her company. He had been thinking about it all too much and forgot how easy and relaxing it was to actually be with her. So as they ate, and as their friends around them chatted, the pair of them discussed and debated tactics passionately. The pair of them had become more trusting in each-others judgement and found they were more able to come to a conclusion they could both agree on without a full blown argument.

It had only taken them about a year.

"Fancy testing these formations out in the free period?" Camilla asked as she put her sheets of parchment into her bag, "Marlene has care of magical creatures so she won't be able to join us but we can get an idea of what it will all look like?"

"Sounds good"

James and Camilla had long ago tested their formation and had taken to childishly racing each-other across the pitch.

So far they had won five races each and they were both shattered.

"cease fire?" James asked, breathing heavily

Camilla nodded, similarly panting heavily with a smile. It reminded her of their first year when James and herself had been handed a couple of detentions as they had gotten carried away in their flying sessions with madam Hooch for racing and showing off across the pitch.

They both wanted to prove that they were better than the other. It made her chuckle. She supposed they were still doing the same to this day.

The pair of them collapsed onto the grass by the Black lake, laying on their backs and watched the sun dip down behind the mountains, watching the amber haze ripple across the dark waters in-front of them. Their brooms were discarded beside them, piled on top of each-other as if they were wrapped together as one.

James had tentatively wrapped his arm around her shoulders, so her head was no longer resting on the ground, and smiled secretly to himself when Camilla didn't shuffle away but instead shuffled into him to rest her head on his chest as they studied the amber pink sky above them.

He thought about mentioning the patronus but didn't want to ruin the moment and make her move away.

But as he lay there, he pondered.

Could it be?