37"

The party in the Gryffindor common room had already started and Camilla had decided to keep James company in the queue at the hospital wing

The party in the Gryffindor common room had already started and Camilla had decided to keep James company in the queue at the hospital wing. It was her fault after all.

She was just glad James only had a busted lip. Steve had been much worse off, with a broken nose, and madam Pomfrey wanted to him him in over night for it to heal.

"You can go Prewett" James laughed slightly, "it's only a busted lip, I'm not dying. Go and enjoy the party"

Camilla rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest, "Oh just shut up Potter. I'm just keeping you company. Plus, it's only just started, I can't imagine that we are missing anything"

Madam pomfrey had finally reached James had quickly healed the gash in no time at all.

"Off you go Potter, this hospital wing is far too busy to have you lingering around" madam Pomfrey said, ushering them out of the door

James and Camilla thanked her before walking back to the Gryffindor common room, still dressed in their quidditch uniform covered in either mud or blood.

"I finally understand why you needed my notebook" James smirked as they walked casually side by side, "very well done Prewett, very well done indeed"

"Thank you ever so much" camilla laughed, "merlin the date was awful. The urge to stab my wand in my eyes was overwhelming"

"To tell the truth, Im relieved" James admitted

"relieved? why?"

He was glad the reason why Camilla had enjoyed her date was not because of Steve Laughalot.

"You can do a lot better than laughalot, Prewett" James smiled with amusement

Camilla scoffed in entertainment, "Oh yeah?"

"yeah" James said certainly, "Steve Laughalot is not your level"

"Awh James" she cooed, "Don't tell me you're going soft on me now"

"You are so annoying" James groaned, nudging her shoulder with his own jokingly

"I'm told Im good at that" she said, turning to push open the portrait to the common room

Inside the whole of Gryffindor house were out celebrating, save the first, second and third years which had been forced to go to bed by the other Gryffindor prefects.

"There you both are!" Peter exclaimed, a drink in his hand, "Everyone has been asking about you both"

Lily had rushed over and pulled camilla into a hug, "Congratulations!" she said happily, "God laughalot is a prat, I'm glad you broke his nose Potter, he definitely had it coming" she scowled, thinking of the Slytherin you she hated so much

"Are you drunk lils?" camilla laughed, she had never heard lily wish any bad will on anyone

"Just a couple of drinks, but Marlene has been pouring them, so perhaps" she giggled, pulling Camilla into the crownd and out the other side, "Go on. Go and get out of those dirty quidditch clothes and meet me back down here in a bit"