84"

Spending Christmas morning putting up defensive spells around Camilla's childhood home wasn't particularly something she would have ever expected

Spending Christmas morning putting up defensive spells around Camilla's childhood home wasn't particularly something she would have ever expected. But yet, there she was, uttering strings of spells beside her family.

Once such necessities was completed, they had abided to Bill's, Charlie's and Percy's wishes and started to unwrap all the presents under the tree.The children had such a plethora of gifts compared to the rest of the family members whom had all revived their annual christmas jumpers with their initial along with a few socks and a couple of chocolates. Camilla had spent a lot of money on her gifts this year; and mainly on her nephews. She had gotten Bill a small set of quidditch figurines, Charlie a brand new training broom, and Percy (whom was not such a big fan of quidditch) a colouring book where the picture changed and contorted in fluid motions and along with some colouring pencils.

Although as she aged and her christmas become more and more mundane, Camilla had never been so excited to see an owl at the window.

She jumped up and rushed to open it, untying the letter from its leg.

Camilla recognised his horrendous handwriting.

She tore open the envelope.

Dear Prewett,

Wishing you a very merry christmas from everyone over here. The house seems empty without you, even with Sirius here to keep me company. Missing you terribly of course and wish you were here with us.

Cannot wait to see you back on the train.

Forever,
James

Camilla beamed down at the letter.

"Who's that from?" Molly asked from the sofa, noticing her sisters expression as Percy sat on her knee, getting on with his colouring

"Isn't it obvious?" Gideon smirked

"It's from her boyfrienddd" Fabian teased making Camilla roll her eyes and throw a ball of wrapping paper at her brothers head from across the room

"That's quite enough from you all" Doris said with a shake of her head, "No fighting on Christmas"

Camilla had not expected anything from James for Christmas. They had both agreed not to. Camilla had spent all her money on her nephews, to treat them to a good Christmas, and it felt wrong buying gifts when times were so dark and hard. Though she had decided to get James something small and it seemed as though he had done the same.

Inside of the letter was a neatly tucked golden locket necklace. The charm a tiny golden snitch which wings gently ebbed up and down. It was so shiny that Camilla could see her own reflection with it. She could see that it was able to be opened, some way or another, but couldn't seem to work out how to do so.

It definitely had something inside; she could tell by the weight.

She would have to ask James upon returning to Hogwarts.

The necklace was so beautiful it suddenly made his 'J' jumper look terribly silly indeed.

For the rest of the day, their christmas was filled with good food and flying on their brooms and playing with the boys with their new toys that had managed to entertain them all for the whole day. It was around 3pm when they had finally come off their sugar rush and their pure excitement and had fallen asleep in the middle of the living room on the carpet.

Camilla had only smiled warmly and helped Arthur tuck them in into the spare bed in her bedroom.

It wasn't until she had returned downstairs and taken a seat inbetween her brothers that she finally noticed the tired looks on everyone's faces.

They had been putting on their excitement and happiness this christmas for the children.

Everyone looked well and truly exhausted.

Everyone looked as if they had not had near enough sleep and looked awfully tense.

It seemed the war was effecting Camilla's family a lot more than she had already thought.

Camilla couldn't help herself but mention it.

"It's awful about the Bones', isn't it?" She said quietly

It was her mother who first nodded, "It almost feels disrespectful celebrating just a few days after their deaths, doesn't it?"

Camilla's father agreed.

"They were a lovely couple. Knew them both from school you know" Gavin said with a shake of his head

"The order had no idea any attacks would be happening" Gideon shook his head

"Took us completely by surprise" Fabien nodded, "I heard that Dumbledore and moody think that that's just the start of it. That attacks such as those will be a frequent thing"

It was molly who flinched first. She was never good with conversations such as these. She hated violence and war and speaking of such things that threatened everything she had.

"That is enough of this conversation" Molly said quickly, "It's christmas and I'm sure we have some more light topics to talk about. Let it not put us in a bad mood" she smiled

"But it's important" Camilla jumped in, "It may not be a conventional christmas day conversation, but it's what's happening out there. It's not going to go away if you put your head in the sand Mol" she said firmly.
Fabien and Gideon agreed from either side of her.
"When I finish Hogwarts, i'm going straight into the order. Not because it's something fun but because it's important"

Molly seemed slightly taken aback by her younger sister. Impressed by her bravery, but shocked.

"But cami, you're only eighteen. There's no need to rush" Molly sighed gently, "This is not your fight to fight"

"This war is everyone's fight Mol" Camilla answered, "everyone here knows it, including you. It's our war whether we like it or not"

"Oh camilla, enough" he mother waved, "Molly's right, it's Christmas, let's speak of other things"

Usually whenever the Prewett children would squabble, Doris and Gavin were always ready to straighten them out and put them back into their places. But in this instance, it was difficult to know what to say or do.

War was uncharted territory for everyone.