12"

Wednesday had rolled around and Camilla had gone down to the quidditch pitch early in the morning

Wednesday had rolled around and Camilla had gone down to the quidditch pitch early in the morning. It was different to her usual routine of going after dinner, but now, she had the younger years sessions to run.

She had to find some more time to get her own proper training done so she was able to have fun and play the games later.

As she approached the Quidditch stands she cursed herself for being such an idiot. Wednesday mornings was Slytherins training sessions. Camilla took a seat on the stands and it seemed they were all starting to finish up.

Steve Laughalot ceased barking orders at his team when he noticed a girl in the stands with blonde hair.

There was only one girl he knew of that came down the quidditch pitch that early in the morning.

Steve flew over to her and jumped off his broom, dismounting onto the stands.

Camilla watched him fly over and cursed herself for not lingering further back, out of sight

"what are you doing here Prewett? Spying?" he asked with a smirk. His tone was accusing but not harsh and nasty like he always had been to her.

"No, not spying. I just came down for a quick morning fly. I completely forgot it was Slytherin training this morning, sorry" she replied, curious as to why he had all of a sudden started being somewhat decent to her

"That's alright Prewett, we'll be out of your hair in a few minutes" he said, mounting his broom, "Oh and Prewett... you look good today"

With that Steve flew off into the middle of the pitch and continued to shout orders at his team.

Camilla was a little dumfounded.

Steve Laughalot had called her a blood traitor at-least one hundred times over their shared time at Hogwarts.

What was with all the flirting now?

Whatever the reason, Camilla guessed it wasn't a good one.

It was a relief when the Slytherin team had cleared out, allowing Camilla the whole pitch to herself. Her interaction with Steve had really thrown her, but as she kicked off with her broom and felt the wind in her hair, she instantly felt more relaxed.

When she first saw the pitch in her first year she thought she had died and gone to heaven.

Rising up into the air you could see the peaks of the mountains and the Black lake which curved around their bases and the forbidden forest which lay like a thick blanket across the land. If you looked hard enough you would see the smoke rising up from Hagrid's hut and there was a perfect view of the castle.

It was so magically beautiful.

Camilla had decided to work on her agility skills. Charming a bludger to keep hurtling towards her. She couldn't always trust Sirius and Rachel to make sure that no bludgers were going to hit her in during the match and so she needed to make sure her reactions towards them were perfect.

James Potter had decided to walk down to the Quidditch pitch. Professor McGonagall had informed him that the pitch was booked after dinner so he had decided to come down in the morning instead. He had waited for for the Slytherin team to walk back up to castle before going down. Much to his surprise, someone was already there.

Camilla's hair blew in the wind as she flew around the pitch at rapid speed. Her broom wasn't particularly fast but she had a certain way of handling it that meant she was able to push it to the best of it's ability. James wasn't even sure that he would be able to control her broom in the same way camilla did.

To tell the truth, James had been slightly worried about the quidditch captaincy. He was adamant that Camilla would of gotten it.

Camilla was good, really good and James knew it. Though he would never admit it.

She looked completely in her element on the quidditch pitch, similar to James himself.

If Camilla hadn't been so annoying then he would have found her athleticism attractive.

Who was he kidding? It was attractive but that information could not have been tortured out of him.

James thought back to the slight crush he had on her during their first year when Camilla had openly announced her dying loyalty to the house of Gryffindor on the train, and had mentioned her dying wish to play quidditch professionally. That crush had lasted around a couple of months before Camilla had made friends with a certain red headed girl in which she shared a dorm with.

Lily was everything James could have wanted. Why? He couldn't tell you, but she just was.

What did they have in common? not much.

So why did James like her? he didn't really know.

It had always been that way since second year. James Potter had always liked Lily Evans and that was the way it was. Everyone knew it.

He turned his attention back to camilla who had seemed to notice him and fly over.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you going to get on your broom and fly?" Camilla ask, panting slightly from the strain her body had just faced.

James' face still looked quite dazed.

Suddenly camilla jumped in-front of him as the charmed bludger came flying towards them. She caught it in her arms just as it was about it slam into James with a slight huff at the impact.

"What in merlin name is wrong with you Potter?!" she asked, the Bludger in her arms trying to break free, "You just very nearly had a week in the hospital wing!"

James shook himself out of it, "No idea. Sorry Prewett, I was just lost in my own thoughts"

Camilla laughed as the Bludger continued to wrestle in her arms, "Lily?" she asked knowingly

Camilla and James did know each other well. They both knew it so. The had spent every other day together, for four, nearly five years at quidditch training. Camilla often knew what James was thinking about. It was what made them work so well together on the pitch during matches.

James hummed, " Yeah, sort of"

"Well snap out of it?" She said, pointing a finger at him, " Want to come and train some flying techniques with this bludger?" she asked casually

James shrugged, why not?

The pair of them had spent the rest of their time on the quidditch pitch passing the quaffle back and forth while trying to avoid the Bludger go to simultaneously and once they had packed up, walked back up to castle together.

Camilla groaned, "we have charms first period"

James laughed, "charms isn't too bad, at least we don't have potions"

"Too right Potter"

The pair of them had chatted all the way back up to the castle. Neither of them could help it. Nor James or Camilla were the quiet shy type.

But if anyone had asked; they trained separately and spoke of nothing on their way back.