32"

"You have to let me have a go" Sirius begged, holding the broom in his hands, "James doesn't even let me touch his, the ponce"

James rolled his eyes with smile.

"come on Cam, pleaseee" He sung

Camilla sighed lightheartedly, "fine"

With Sirius on Camilla's cleansweep five and Camilla and James on Gideon and Fabian's old childhood brooms, which were left at the house, the three of them played a small match in the back garden. Camilla had been made keeper, James Beater and Sirius chaser.

Sirius had insisted he be chaser. He claimed he'd be able to test the broom out better that way.

Sirius had been trying to take shots on target while James had attempted to divert his pathways with Bludgers. Keeper wasn't particularly camilla's favourite position and she much preferred any other position, but it was just a bit of fun.

It had started to snow quite heavily and the three of them had decided to call it a day and head inside.

"Gideon and Fabien have some old clothes upstairs" Camilla said, looking to the boys who shivered in their damp and cold jumpers, "Come on"

Camilla had led them upstairs, up the spiralling wooden staircase and onto the landing. The floor boards creaked under their feet and it was considerably lighter and more airy than the downstairs of the house. She showed the two boys into Gideon and Fabien's old bedroom and insisted that they choose anything they liked.

"My room is just down the landing, when you're done" She said, taking her broom from Sirius and turning to leave to let the boys change in peace.

James had left Sirius to continue looking at himself in the mirror, unable to choose a jumper which suited him the best. James hadn't been too fussed about his own and settled for a dark maroon one.

Camilla's bedroom wasn't at all what he expected. It was light and pretty and paintings of flowers growing along vines danced on the ceiling. There were two bed inside the small room, one Camilla's, the other must have been Molly's at one point in time. There was a small rickety window seat that had a few cushions on it and It overlooked the garden and the sea. Along the walls, a couple of shelves had been put up to hold all of her quidditch equipment along with photo frames filled with pictures of her friends and family. In the corner of her room, all of her past brooms were leaning up against the wall.

James watched her look up and smiled as she heard him in the doorway.

Camilla was sat crossed legged on her bed, her broom upon her lap and her pot of vanish in-front of her, polishing it's handle. She had changed into some comfier clothes and thrown her wet hair up at top of her head. James could have guessed he would find her like that. Her just being so carefree polishing her broom, it was just so camilla.

"You found something then?" She asked, gesturing to the jumper James was wearing

"yeah, thanks" he said, walking over to the bed and sitting across from her

"You can keep it, if you'd like" She shrugged, "none of it gets worn and it suits you"

James smirked, "It suits me, does it?"

Camilla rolled her eyes, "Oh don't be a dick Potter"

James laughed and watched her face soften.

Camilla paused and wasn't quite sure how to go about her thank you.

"Thank you for the broom Potter" She said simply, deciding that simple was the best option, "It was a really cool thing for you to do"

James hadn't expected Camilla to do what she had done next.

James had only just realised she had gotten closer towards him as he felt her arms wrap around his shoulders.

Her hug was warm and sweet and her hair tickled his nose. She smelt of broom polish and sugar. It was a very strange mix but James liked it very much. He hadn't had chance to wrap his arms around her in response before she pulled away from him, retreating to her previous place on the bed.

"I really appreciate it, like a lot. But a cleansweep five?!"

James laughed at her expression, still trying to work out if she had actually just hugged him or not. It was such an un-camilla thing to do.

"A cleansweep three would have suited just fine! It must have cost you so much!"

"Don't worry about it Prewett" He smiled, "really, I was stupid and you deserve it all"

Truth be told it did make quite a big dint in his funds but he figured it was worth it.

"Now we are on equal footing, we can finally see who the best flyer really is" he smirked, watching her face turn from a picture of complete gratefulness to a picture of competitiveness.

"Once we get back to Hogwarts, it is so on potter" she laughed, watching James' face which didn't show any emotion other than joy.

James loved how there were two sides to Camilla Prewett. He never knew what he was going to get. She could be sweet and kind one minute, the next a burning passion and desire behind her eyes. James didn't mind he wasn't able to predict her, he liked both versions equally.

"Did you like your Christmas present?" she asked, a cheeky smile across her lips

"I absolutely hated it" he laughed in reply

"Good" she chuckled, "Thats the whole point of those hats. They're horrible but they're charming because they are absolutely disgusting"

James was inclined to believe it true. Camilla's hat was the worst colour he had ever seen, yet it was quite sweet whenever she wore it. So much so, that the colour wasn't as noticeable. But it was still very noticeable.

"I better see you wearing it at the next quidditch practise" she teased, "Molly has put lots of effort into that hat for you Potter"

"And I thank You and Molly profusely" James laughed, "Though there is absolutely no way you can get that hat on my head"

"I think I will find a way"

"Over my dead body Prewett"

——————————
A/N

wrote this while getting ready for a night out. I deserve a medal