81"

It was more of a relief for Camilla to be sat between Alice and Marlene in their usual compartment on their way back to king's cross station for Christmas

It was more of a relief for Camilla to be sat between Alice and Marlene in their usual compartment on their way back to king's cross station for Christmas. She had already had her prefect meeting on the way back and thanked them for all the hard work for the past term.

Hogwarts was quickly becoming suffocating, which was ironic due to the sheer size of the castle, but Camilla found herself glad to be away from the house rivalry, away from the idea of her upcoming NEWT's and all of her head girl duties. Plus, she was terribly eager to see her family once again. Being away from September all the way through to Christmas in theory wasn't that long, but it always felt like years to her.

"I'm dreading this Christmas" Lily sighed, "It's Petunia's birthday coming up and all her friends from her muggle school are coming around for a sleepover, I've been demoted to the living room"

"Forget that" Camilla insisted, "You should come to the warren. I'm only at the Potter's for a couple of nights and returning for Christmas eve. You know my mum and dad love you. In fact, you're all welcome" she smiled, extending the invitation to the rest of the girls in the compartment

Once more, as the train pulled up to the station, it was bare with people. Families whom had not dared to venture far from the warm safety of their homes. It was foolish really, Camilla thought. No one was safe, not even in their own beds.

"It is awfully quiet" Alice said with a wavering voice

"It quite eerie, isn't it?" Marlene observed, watching those remaining parents who were on the platform, quickly grab their children and apparate away as quickly as they could, as if they hadn't been there.

Camilla couldn't help but agree. The platform had always been so busy and full of life. She had remembered as a child the pure excitement it had instilled within her and remembered theflurry of bright colours and wondrous things, whilst she bid her elder siblings farewell alongside her parents.

Mr and Mrs Prewett were among the parents whom were not present upon the platform. Camilla would be going straight with James and Sirius. And although she absolutely adored the pair of them and, of course Mr and Mrs Potter, she so wished to just embrace her mum and dad.

After bidding her friends goodbye, along with Remus and Peter, she felt James' hand on her shoulder comfortingly, Sirius on the other side of her.

"Ready to go?"

Appearing outside of the Potters house, Camilla had always been impressed. She had seen it plenty of times when accompanying her mother when meeting Euphemia Potter for tea. James had never been home in those few instances, always out of the house and doing something.

The three of them had stood outside the door with their trunks at their feet as James reached up to knock on the door.

His arm was mid-air when the door swung open suddenly.